Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: SDSU Post Game Thoughts

Default Re: SDSU Post Game Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    I heard from a HS ref some of the lines in the dome are way crooked
    True

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    So, what should I be looking for? What did SDSU do effectively that UNI might be able to copy? What did SDSU not do effectively that UNI might be able to do better? What are the deciding factors that will determine the game? I would love for the Panthers to have the defensive line that shut you down in Cedar Falls several years ago, but I don't see that happening this weekend.

PS. Hopefully we can get some advantage with the clock operator errors!
    Unless Dunn becomes way more mobile or your backup is TCesque I don't think UNI has much of a chance at putting up 20+ points. Mobile QB's give us issues. Unless your dline is better then last year I think our rams and backs will dominate you.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Their scripted plays moved the ball on the bison their first few drives. Lots of motion. After that settled down they had a 60 yard td run which doesnt happen often.

They dropped a for sure 80 yard td too,so dont do that.
    Honestly though, watching a lot of NDSU games, a lot ofteams seem to move the ball on us on their first drive. Then we make the adjustment and clamp things down
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    Honestly though, watching a lot of NDSU games, a lot ofteams seem to move the ball on us on their first drive. Then we make the adjustment and clamp things down
    Used to be way worse before coach K got to ndsu

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    TV sideline guy said that D was having a difficult time communicating across the field the pre-snap/post-O formation calls because of the noise in first quarter and a half or so. This was when SDSU was running most of their scripted plays.

Also, I was hollering for a TO when SDSU lined up in quad-left (the 60+ TD run play), as it was clear we were confused/hadn’t seen that look from them before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Rewatch all Easton's passes here. I may have missed one when the video was blacked out.

Here is the youtube of NDSU SDSU 2018 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9kORzIZC7

8:29 into the youtube - perfect pass

21:29 under thrown/under pressure but nice play by their DB

27:16 slightly underthrown deep ball

34:50 perfect pass to #20

35:52 perfect pass #83 should have had it

37:25 perfect pass to #20 and BS call

39:45 perfect pass to #82 for the TD

47:20 easy pass to #82 in the flat

54:05 perfect pass to #20 for the TD

1:01:47 just missed - Easton was smoked right after the pass.

1:19:41 perfect pass on the crossing route

1:21:06 pass was high but catchable

1:24:44 threw it to a spot, threw it away, or miscommunication with the TE?

1:25:33 Interception. WR may have moved? Nice play by the DB

1:37:47 air mailed it over #82

1:38:31 worst pass of the day into triple coverage. Somebody had to be open

1:43:34 perfect pass to #20

1:44:12 slightly underthrown deep ball, defensive pass interference

1:48:34 perfect pass to #83

1:58:54 nice touch pass to Bruce over the DE

In all reality SDSU appears to be as good as NDSU. On the road they drop a deep slant in the first half that would have been a stroll to the End zone. Than, they throw an INT in the Bison end zone in the first half when they were moving the ball fairly easily and more than likely would have scored a TD as well. Had they converted on a couple of these TD's this may well have been a different outcome. I seen a SDSU team that is easily up to par with NDSU right now (on the road give +3). HOMER or not I watched every play of that game.

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    So, what should I be looking for? What did SDSU do effectively that UNI might be able to copy? What did SDSU not do effectively that UNI might be able to do better? What are the deciding factors that will determine the game? I would love for the Panthers to have the defensive line that shut you down in Cedar Falls several years ago, but I don't see that happening this weekend.

PS. Hopefully we can get some advantage with the clock operator errors!
    Anytime #10 or #8 are in the game they are a decoy and never carry the ball. When we run the ball it is never up the middle. #12 drops straight back and never scrambles. Ignore the TE's and #20. On defense #5 can't tackle and #42 is the weak link in the linebacking corps. Hope this helps.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    In all reality SDSU appears to be as good as NDSU. On the road they drop a deep slant in the first half that would have been a stroll to the End zone. Than, they throw an INT in the Bison end zone in the first half when they were moving the ball fairly easily and more than likely would have scored a TD as well. Had they converted on a couple of these TD's this may well have been a different outcome. I seen a SDSU team that is easily up to par with NDSU right now (on the road give +3). HOMER or not I watched every play of that game.
    But they didn't.

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    your forgetting the 3 TD's NDSU should have had easily......