Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: SDSU Post Game Thoughts

Default Re: SDSU Post Game Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    Your first point about kick returns has had me scratching my head all year. Even I can figure it out and I didn't even stay at a Holiday Inn.
    Not to mention the new rule allowing a fair catch inside the 25 means you get the ball at the 25.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    I recall earlier in the year, Coach K suggesting that he wanted his dynamic returners to take opportunities and be aggressive... AKA running it out. IMO, I don't mind coming out if the ball is a few yards deep and in the middle of the field, but when its in the corners of the ez, ya gotta take the 25
    You would think that our staff would understand this since we’ve been doing it to opponents for years.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    Not to mention the new rule allowing a fair catch inside the 25 means you get the ball at the 25.

That's what I was getting at. And I'm sure PL was referring to that as well

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    That's what I was getting at. And I'm sure PL was referring to that as well
    PL mentioned taking a knee. That would be in the end zone.

Between the end zone and the 25 you have to motion for a fair catch. That’s a good idea inside the 10 most of the time.

Between the end zone and the 25 you have to motion for a fair catch. That’s a good idea inside the 10 most of the time.

Yep, saw Rutgers do it a ton against Ohio State.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I wasn't fully thinking through the response, you are indeed correct. At any rate, there's been too many times we didn't get to the 25.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BISON Thunder View Post
    Someone else can confirm, but I believe if the receiver catches the pass behind the LOS, blocks are legal.
    You are correct. You also can't tell from this photo who is initiating coverage. But if that was the offense and the pass is beyond the neutral zone this is very likely OPI.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

You are correct. Catch it at the 5 and take a knee it's 1st and 10 at the 5. Signal for a fair catch on a kick off and catch it at the 5 it's 1st and 10 at the 25.

I'm 5 games worked I haven't seen it once. The little I've been able to watch games when I get home I haven't seen one. I know they've happened but are much more rare than anyone realizes.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Technically you are correct. I was really trying to encompass the whole scenario and didnt do a very good job.

As a matter of fact one of the teams we played this year the kick returner messed up and caught the ball at the 2 and took a knee. Ball was spotted on the 2.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

totoinfl is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by mhanson6 View Post
    Easton can't hit ground if he falls on it ....missed opportunities after missed opportunities. With a solid qb we win this going away we have had 5 qbs in the fcs era and he is 4th best . He's a runner . I'll give that to him but he can't throw !
    Watched a different game than the rest of us. The guy on the other side was supposedly all world and he missed more throws. I think Stick had a couple of bad throws, but not nearly as bad as you paint it.