Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: SDSU Post Game Thoughts

Default Re: SDSU Post Game Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Nice adjustment on those passes behind the line of scrimmage to shut down SDSU in the 4th quarter... not sure how many LBs could do what Marlette did on two consecutive drives.

3rd and 11 at NDSU31 Taryn Christion pass complete to Mikey Daniel for no gain to the NDSU31 (Dan Marlette).
    3rd and 5 at SDSU12 Taryn Christion pass complete to Isaac Wallace for loss of 1 yard to the SDSU11 (Dan Marlette).

He covered a lot of ground.
    The best players in South Dakota play at sdsu!

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Here's a great example of how the SDSU receivers lined up in the neutral zone at times. At the 30:58 mark of this video, the ball is clearly OUTSIDE the 13 yard line in the center's hand, but the receiver on the right hash has his front foot INSIDE the 13. As a line official, how in the world do you miss that call when you are looking straight down the line? Most of the receiver's body (with his lean forward) is ahead of the ball.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9kORzIZC70

1. SDSU had 2 weeks to prepare and gave us looks on O we hadn’t seen. 61-yard TD look is an example. Sucks that UNI now has/had 3 extra days to prepare.

2. Sans Shep our WR group is not solid at all. Need to get TEs more involved, and I’d guess that’s coming. I think we could have used TEs more given SDSUs run blitz package.

3. Why did Cox not play first half? I saw him flat-footed on several plays in second half.

4. Stick!!!!

5. Our Oline needs to get more nasty. Volson had a damn nice game tho.

6. SDSU appears better on both sides of ball compared to last year. Really impressed by their RBs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by cbline View Post
    Here's a great example of how the SDSU receivers lined up in the neutral zone at times. At the 30:58 mark of this video, the ball is clearly OUTSIDE the 13 yard line in the center's hand, but the receiver on the right hash has his front foot INSIDE the 13. As a line official, how in the world do you miss that call when you are looking straight down the line? Most of the receiver's body (with his lean forward) is ahead of the ball.

Yep, and what is even nuttier is the fact that one of the primary reasons the official is there is to watch for that pre-snap. Ive never understood how (grossly) lining up off-side can be missed, EVER! Unless of course you choose not to see it????? Or worse, let it go all game long and than call it at the most crucial time at the very end of the game, changing the outcome.

I thought Jabril played the entire game, maybe I missed something.

Default SDSU Post Game Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by cbline View Post

Didn’t watch video, but Center will sometimes move ball several inches behind actual LOS, whereas WR just has to have front foot only slightly behind actual LOS. This can result in WR appearing to line up offside. Just a thought.

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Didn’t watch video, but Center will sometimes move ball several inches behind actual LOS, whereas WR just has to have front foot only slightly behind actual LOS. This can result in WR appearing to line up offside. Just a thought.

True, but even with that, the receiver's front foot is out of position.

The chains are set right at the 13, the front of his foot is a least 10-12" offside,
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

Quote Originally Posted by wisco4 View Post
    I thought Jabril played the entire game, maybe I missed something.
    I thought he did. He had 8 tackles and 7 were solo.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post

In the video using the hash marks as a reference. the front of the ball is behind the hash mark while the back of the receivers foot is in front of the hash. That is 2 feet or so between the front of the ball and the receivers foot.

Also its a first down and the ball is marked (based on the chains) just short of the 13. and the receiver's entire foot is past or in front of the 13

Its a miss by the refs and there was plenty in this game