Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: SDSU Post Game Thoughts

totoinfl is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: SDSU Post Game Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by bri-dog View Post
    There's a good picture on twitter right now showing the obvious offensive PI that was missed on SDSU's first TD...

https://twitter.com/schemer49/status...43558721540097
    That was so close you would have been gutted as an official calling it either way. I watched it on rewind in slo-mo...it was close. Handing off coverage would have made it a non-issue.

Quote Originally Posted by totoinfl View Post
    That was so close you would have been gutted as an official calling it either way. I watched it on rewind in slo-mo...it was close. Handing off coverage would have made it a non-issue.
    Coach K made it sound like it was legal since behind line of scrimmage? I did not know that mattered. See coaches show.

EDIT: I see a few more posts below; can someone clarify the rule for all of us?
    Last edited by THEsocalledfan; 10-01-2018 at 03:56 PM.

Yeah, I finally got around to re-watching it. Looks like he was behind the LOS...
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Coach K made it sound like it was legal since behind line of scrimmage? I did not know that mattered. See coaches show.
    Was it really behind the line?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Good game Bison and congrats.

Few of my thoughts:

-Some have mentioned SDSU selling out on the run and having bad pass coverage. IMO, we were confident selling out on the run because we have faith in a very good secondary.

-Stick killed us. Our D (while playing pretty well overall) couldn't get off the field in 3rd and longs. This has been a recurring theme, kudos to NDSU for continuing to do it.

-TC's interception in the end zone killed our momentum. Would have been interesting to see how the game played out if we got a TD or field goal there.

-The officials missed some obvious calls, but nothing game changing. Two that come to mind were TC out of bounds (about 4 yards), and the NDSU runner getting called down (in all likelihood he would have been tackled or pushed out of bounds within a few yards but you never know). Nothing as bad as Goedert's dropped touchdown a few years ago. Unlike years past, officiating doesn't seem to be a major talking point post-game, that says something.

-Overall a clean game with some vicious hits. Real football.

-Overall the teams were pretty evenly matched, and the better team won Saturday. If they play again it should be another barnburner.

Jay is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Was it really behind the line?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Yes..........

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post

Few of my thoughts:

-Some have mentioned SDSU selling out on the run and having bad pass coverage. IMO, we were confident selling out on the run because we have faith in a very good secondary.

-Stick killed us. Our D (while playing pretty well overall) couldn't get off the field in 3rd and longs. This has been a recurring theme, kudos to NDSU for continuing to do it.

-TC's interception in the end zone killed our momentum. Would have been interesting to see how the game played out if we got a TD or field goal there.

-The officials missed some obvious calls, but nothing game changing. Two that come to mind were TC out of bounds (about 4 yards), and the NDSU runner getting called down (in all likelihood he would have been tackled or pushed out of bounds within a few yards but you never know). Nothing as bad as Goedert's dropped touchdown a few years ago. Unlike years past, officiating doesn't seem to be a major talking point post-game, that says something.

-Overall a clean game with some vicious hits with the exception of Rozeboom. Good baller but reminds me of Clay Matthews at times. Pushes the boundaries which turns him into a douche..

-Overall the teams were pretty evenly matched, and the better team won Saturday. If they play again it should be another barnburner.
    Fixed your post
    "If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf." - Bob Hope

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post

Few of my thoughts:

-Overall a clean game with some vicious hits. Real football.

That was a fun game to watch. Crowd was pumped. Physical. 2 great teams. 2 great QBs. Lots of respect for the Bunnies

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by IowaBisonToo View Post
    Fixed your post
    LOL, whatever. Good game.

Nice adjustment on those passes behind the line of scrimmage to shut down SDSU in the 4th quarter... not sure how many LBs could do what Marlette did on two consecutive drives.

3rd and 11 at NDSU31 Taryn Christion pass complete to Mikey Daniel for no gain to the NDSU31 (Dan Marlette).
    3rd and 5 at SDSU12 Taryn Christion pass complete to Isaac Wallace for loss of 1 yard to the SDSU11 (Dan Marlette).

He covered a lot of ground.