Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: UNI Game Travel Plans

Default Re: UNI Game Travel Plans

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    For those of you who were at the game, was it as ugly as it was on TV and in photos from The Forum?
    Worse. It took me a while to figure out it was Iowa at the midfield. I thought the roof leaked
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    The Iowa outline that looked like someone had peed themselves on the field was the biggest thing I think for most. I didn't notice the alternating green colors. I wonder if that is just from the vaccum thingy or roller or whatever they use on it so it's not really a color just the direction of the blades similar to grass fields.

Other than the Iowa state outline in piss green brown color it looked nice to me but I'm not as picky as some of these jerks here. (I think some of it is just needling UNI in general so as your probably well aware don't take it personally)

Interesting to get outside perspective. Usually there are fans on the UNI site who criticize everything, but I don't recall much griping about the new turf.

As for the references to piss stains, I will yield to those with much more experience than me.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    Worse. It took me a while to figure out it was Iowa at the midfield. I thought the roof leaked
    Hey, we don't come right out and tell outsiders about our little secrets. It must be tough for those of you from a state whose shape has only one squiggling line to recognize the shape of a state with two squiggly lines. You not seeing it right away makes it even better.

Or maybe they are just anticipating roof leaks!

Seriously, I think the turf looks better in person. On TV, I see splotches that weren't there in person. There is something to the grooming that makes it look spotty on TV, but not in person.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    Hey, we don't come right out and tell outsiders about our little secrets. It must be tough for those of you from a state whose shape has only one squiggling line to recognize the shape of a state with two squiggly lines. You not seeing it right away makes it even better.

Seriously, I think the turf looks better in person. On TV, I see splotches that weren't there in person. There is something to the grooming that makes it look spotty on TV, but not in person.
    Have you walked on it? It looked like it would not be very fun to get tackled on. Do the players like it? I guess that’s what matters
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Is the roof lower than the adjacent sewer treatment plant? Might explanation the stain. Via TV the Iowa state logo looked like an geriatric Fawker mascot.

The Iowa logo reminds me of the UNI football team---the efforts there, but it doesn't quite cut it.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Have you walked on it? It looked like it would not be very fun to get tackled on. Do the players like it? I guess that’s what matters
    I've not walked on it or heard anyone talk about what it is like to play on. All the conversation I recall was at the time of installation and it was lauded as a huge improvement on the previous turf.

I've not walked on it or heard anyone talk about what it is like to play on. All the conversation I recall was at the time of installation and it was lauded as a huge improvement on the previous turf.
    Yes, I've walked on it a lot. I work on sidelines for Iowa Shrine Bowl. The turf is spongy but not too much give. I do notice that my legs get sore. Something like walking on your tip toes all day long. I played on the uni dome turf way back in the day when the dome was only a few years old and this one is a tremendous improvement.