Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Bigs

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default 2018 Bigs

So took a look at the updated roster and the new team photo and the two things that stood out to me were that Rocky went from being listed as 6'9" 230lb to 6'10" 245lb and Meidinger went from 220lb to 240lb and you can tell in the picture he looks much more solid. There was a tweet a while back about these guys putting on some pounds but this is the first evidence I've seen of it myself. Obviously Rocky was going to start and is going to be key so packing on that much more muscle and growing another inch is huge for him and if we can actually get some decent production out of Meidinger with his size we might not be hurting as bad as I thought down low. Big shout out to the strength and conditioning staff for putting in the work on this team, could be a difference maker.

Default Re: 2018 Bigs

Sadly, we haven't involved our BIGS as well as we should have in last few years.

even Marshall Bjorkland was underutilized.. Dex Werner was a 4 like charles barkley, not really a 5.

if Rocky can give us 10+ points, 10+ rebounds we will be a dam good basketball team!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Still football season but I am all in for Men's hoops. Going to be an exciting year!!
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    So took a look at the updated roster and the new team photo and the two things that stood out to me were that Rocky went from being listed as 6'9" 230lb to 6'10" 245lb and Meidinger went from 220lb to 240lb and you can tell in the picture he looks much more solid. There was a tweet a while back about these guys putting on some pounds but this is the first evidence I've seen of it myself. Obviously Rocky was going to start and is going to be key so packing on that much more muscle and growing another inch is huge for him and if we can actually get some decent production out of Meidinger with his size we might not be hurting as bad as I thought down low. Big shout out to the strength and conditioning staff for putting in the work on this team, could be a difference maker.
    It's definitely encouraging.......now if Richman could coach them up and utilize them properly......

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    It's definitely encouraging....now if Richman could coach them up and utilize them properly.....
    That is the million dollar question.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    That is the million dollar question.
    This is it for Dave; unless there was a super secret extension signed, this is year 5 of his initial deal. We will find out.

Have we heard anything about the incoming freshmen yet? How is the big guy, ODell, from Minneapolis North look? - I was hoping he would be starting by the the end of year.

Will Jordan even get minutes this year? Heard he was hurt part of the summer.

Big year for Richmond his coaching recording has been trending the wrong direction the last couple of seasons.

The record speaks for itself.
    15-17 last year
    19-11
    20-13
    23-10 - First year

Quote Originally Posted by blackdiamond2 View Post
    Have we heard anything about the incoming freshmen yet? How is the big guy, ODell, from Minneapolis North look? - I was hoping he would be starting by the the end of year.

Will Jordan even get minutes this year? Heard he was hurt part of the summer.

Big year for Richmond his coaching recording has been trending the wrong direction the last couple of seasons.

The record speaks for itself.
    15-17 last year
    19-11
    20-13
    23-10 - First year
    That 19-11 record is misleading too. He straight up limped into the offseason, with an early exit from the tournament too.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

I'm really curious to see Odell. Any word if he may red shirt?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    I'm really curious to see Odell. Any word if he may red shirt?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Too early for them to make any decisions on redshirts, exhibition game isn't until November 1st so they have a month of practice to figure out who the best 10-12 guys are and then a chance for all of them to play in the exhibition where they could go out and perform like Eady did last year and earn a spot. Of course he ended up with a nagging injury that landed him on redshirt anyway but we won't know anything until closer to the start of the season unless a player themselves says they want to redshirt.