Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Verbal: Jalen Bussey

Default Re: 2019 Verbal: Jalen Bussey

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    I don’t know. He looks fast. And happy! He made me happy. Well, actually, maybe giddy. Is that weird?
    He made me feel.....slow, like molasses in January slow.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    I don’t know. He looks fast. And happy! He made me happy. Well, actually, maybe giddy. Is that weird?
    Well, yes, in certain circles, it might be considered weird.

He is fast, but is he durable?
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    He is fast, but is he durable?

A player his size is not going to be someone you give the ball to 20-30 times a game. He would be deadly in screens and catching the ball out of the back field.

Who knows about durability? You bring a kid in like that because you can't teach speed. Speed kills.

totoinfl is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    A player his size is not going to be someone you give the ball to 20-30 times a game. He would be deadly in screens and catching the ball out of the back field.

Who knows about durability? You bring a kid in like that because you can't teach speed. Speed kills.
    The screen game came to mind immediately...plus he can tuck in behind one of the behemoths on the O line and will be hard to find....As i posted on my Twitter feed...be afraid FCS be very afraid...only 14 seniors and only 1 on the O line...the running game will likely only get better next year.

Perhaps we will see the ‘hide Ryan behind the big guys’ play sometime when we need a haymaker.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by totoinfl View Post
    The screen game came to mind immediately...plus he can tuck in behind one of the behemoths on the O line and will be hard to find....As i posted on my Twitter feed...be afraid FCS be very afraid...only 14 seniors and only 1 on the O line...the running game will likely only get better next year.
    It's just stupid how much young talent we have on offense. Players that we will have for at least the next two years: Trey Lance, Seth Wilson, Kobe Johnson, Sabien Clark, Jalen Bussey, Josh Babicz, Noah Gindorff, Christian Watson, Phoenix Sproles, Zach Mathis.

That doesn't include Cofield's senior year or any skill player that may play as a true freshmen in the next two classes. OL is nearly set for next year (Sundell at RT and shift Volson back to RG?) but then will have to replace a bunch. We are spoiled....

Quote Originally Posted by DM05 View Post
    It's just stupid how much young talent we have on offense. Players that we will have for at least the next two years: Trey Lance, Seth Wilson, Kobe Johnson, Sabien Clark, Jalen Bussey, Josh Babicz, Noah Gindorff, Christian Watson, Phoenix Sproles, Zach Mathis.

That doesn't include Cofield's senior year or any skill player that may play as a true freshmen in the next two classes. OL is nearly set for next year (Sundell at RT and shift Volson back to RG?) but then will have to replace a bunch. We are spoiled....
    And the rest of the FCS continues to be screwed ...

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

What does this dude look like on a wheel route out of the backfield? No LB or safety could keep up with him.

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    What does this dude look like on a wheel route out of the backfield? No LB or safety could keep up with him.
    Just don't throw the pass high.