Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets get this Marker Week started!

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Lets get this Marker Week started!

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Tough to predict this one...but the best I can use is the last few years. It will be tough to run against SDSU. They know our run plays...including Stick running. We will get some...but I wouldn't expect us to gash SDSU. We will have to have a decent passing game. Our passing game has not proven itself yet. Last week doesn't really count as Stick had all day to throw...he wasn't forced at all. Taryn will be Taryn. He is elusive and will extend plays. But this year he doesn't have Goedert. Man that guy could catch anything...not to mention get crazy open when Taryn would extend plays. Then throw in Wieneke for good measure. Without Goedert in that game, I think the Bison would have won that game despite our turnovers. So...that game was a tale of turnovers and Taryn/Goedert. We clean up the stupid turnovers, I think we have a decent advantage.
    Don't all MVFC teams know our run plays so well? Comes down to execution.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pep Band View Post
    and that atrocious loss to Missery State 0-3.
    that was the worst game ever played.

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    that was the worst game ever played.
    pretty close to that 3-0 Kansas game, only thing different was Kansas pretends to be FBS

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    I just think they're kind of average. Their D doesn't really do much for me and besides Christion, I don't see any real offensive weapons that have had any test yet.

I think this is a 2-3 TD win.
    I think you’ve got an inflated notion of what an average FCS football team looks like. The worst team in the MVFC is kind of average.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

All kidding aside, it is tough to put a finger on where the Jacks are right now. We haven't been tested other than the first 3 minutes of the Iowa State game. Bottom line is our team may be better than last years or has the potential to be by the end of the year. Obviously going to be tough test to say the least to head up north and get a W. We have a lot of leadership remaining and our overall depth is very good. Plus, given an extra week to game plan for the Bison all bodes well. Don't think anyone on here could disagree that the Jacks seem to game plan for the Bison better than anyone else.

The Bison will be up for SDSU like no other given the regular season losses the last two years. Yes, I know, you got the trophy. Much respect for that!

In all seriousness this could be a preview of a semi-final or championship game. I've said many times that the Jacks have no fear of the Bison in the regular season. We have yet to beat you when it matters most. That is the next step.

Have a great time and may the best team win!

SUPERBUNNY
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, Bison!

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    I think you’ve got an inflated notion of what an average FCS football team looks like. The worst team in the MVFC is kind of average.
    The FCS is NDSU/JMU and the field. There's a big step down to the field.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    The FCS is NDSU/JMU and the field. There's a big step down to the field.
    Yes, and SDSU is quite possibly the third best team in the division, that is a very long way from average. Two outliers against 120ish doesn’t skew the average that much. Watching a conference with 9 top 25 teams in it every week, however, can skew a persons perceptions.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Yes, and SDSU is quite possibly the third best team in the division, that is a very long way from average. Two outliers against 120ish doesn’t skew the average that much. Watching a conference with 9 top 25 teams in it every week, however, can skew a persons perceptions.
    So if this is a 2-3 TD victory, does that mean SDSU is as good or worse than you think?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    pretty close to that 3-0 Kansas game, only thing different was Kansas pretends to be FBS
    6-3 me boi.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    6-3 me boi.
    yes correct, I for some reason retyped the Misery st game score

but it was painful to watch that one also