Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets get this Marker Week started!

Mr Pep Band is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Lets get this Marker Week started!

How on God's GREEN Earth (Green, not Blue mind you ) do they think their defense is good enough to hold us to 10 points?

And they think they can score 9 times the points our starting defense has allowed through three games? HA!

The Bison defense (Jabril Cox) has scored 12 already!

With my green and yellow glasses I see more like 35-7
    More realistically, i think more like 28-24.

SDSU offense appears to be very good, score as many points as fast as possible. Their defense appears to be fair-good.

NDSU offense is good, control the ball and eat the clock. Bison Defense is NASTY good!

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    what makes you think they are bad??
    I just think they're kind of average. Their D doesn't really do much for me and besides Christion, I don't see any real offensive weapons that have had any test yet.

I think this is a 2-3 TD win.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Did some ciphering on gobison.com - we've scored 10 points or fewer twice from 2011 to current, one of which was a win. 2 out of 108 games. Also, 10 times since 2004 out of 199 games, 3 of which were wins and 1 was the 10-9 Gopher loss. I like our chances to score more than 10, and nobody is scoring 27 on this defense.

Footnote: amazingly we had no games with 10 points or fewer during the 2009 debacle, but had the most (3) in 2010, the year the playoff push started.
    The white jerseys are the best. Don't even bother to argue.

Mr Pep Band is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Bridge Guy View Post
    ......., but had the most (3) in 2010, the year the playoff push started.
    and that atrocious loss to Missery State 0-3.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    I just think they're kind of average. Their D doesn't really do much for me and besides Christion, I don't see any real offensive weapons that have had any test yet.

I think this is a 2-3 TD win.
    I can see that thought process, nothing unfair about it. IMO anybody who uses stats from either teams prior games are lying to themselves. Neither team has played good competition. Realistically MSU and UD are a wash, no matter what 1660 try’s to push about them. MSU doesn’t have a qb and UD doesn’t have much of any offense. I’m anxious as hell to see what our offense looks like with the full playbook opened up. I’m expecting more running than last year with more bubble screens and short passes to get the ball in the hands of our speedy receivers. I’m also looking forward to our defense against your offense. How does our d line hold up? Do we not have plays with mental breakdowns for big plays like we had in every game so far? Can we FINALLY get off the field on 3rd and long? I’m expecting ya to sell out on the run and trust our secondary to make plays, which will likely lead to a big play or two for Stick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Remember Hunters Safety-Treat Every Hunter as if He Were Loaded

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper 76 View Post
    I can see that thought process, nothing unfair about it. IMO anybody who uses stats from either teams prior games are lying to themselves. Neither team has played good competition. Realistically MSU and UD are a wash, no matter what 1660 try’s to push about them. MSU doesn’t have a qb and UD doesn’t have much of any offense. I’m anxious as hell to see what our offense looks like with the full playbook opened up. I’m expecting more running than last year with more bubble screens and short passes to get the ball in the hands of our speedy receivers. I’m also looking forward to our defense against your offense. How does our d line hold up? Do we not have plays with mental breakdowns for big plays like we had in every game so far? Can we FINALLY get off the field on 3rd and long? I’m expecting ya to sell out on the run and trust our secondary to make plays, which will likely lead to a big play or two for Stick.

Tough to predict this one...but the best I can use is the last few years. It will be tough to run against SDSU. They know our run plays...including Stick running. We will get some...but I wouldn't expect us to gash SDSU. We will have to have a decent passing game. Our passing game has not proven itself yet. Last week doesn't really count as Stick had all day to throw...he wasn't forced at all. Taryn will be Taryn. He is elusive and will extend plays. But this year he doesn't have Goedert. Man that guy could catch anything...not to mention get crazy open when Taryn would extend plays. Then throw in Wieneke for good measure. Without Goedert in that game, I think the Bison would have won that game despite our turnovers. So...that game was a tale of turnovers and Taryn/Goedert. We clean up the stupid turnovers, I think we have a decent advantage.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper 76 View Post

Good questions. I also think it will be a 9 point win or more by the Bison. Our Defense is better than last year, somehow, and I think the Jacks are less experienced enough on Offense, with the exception of TC, for this to be an issue for you. I think TC will have to have a remarkable game for it to be close... and I guess it is a possibility that it happens, but with our D this year I don't see it.

Bison Offense against Jacks Defense will be a little more interesting, because historically the Jacks have schemed well, at least in the dome. Roseboom is a hell of a player when he isn't twisting ankles. Bottom line on this match-up is: It will be won in the trenches, and I have a hard time seeing any D-line stick with our O-line this year.

Turnovers could, and have, made this match-up interesting, too...

Preliminary prediction is at 31-19. Lots of Jack field goals.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Tough to predict this one...but the best I can use is the last few years. It will be tough to run against SDSU. They know our run plays...including Stick running. We will get some...but I wouldn't expect us to gash SDSU. We will have to have a decent passing game. Our passing game has not proven itself yet. Last week doesn't really count as Stick had all day to throw...he wasn't forced at all. Taryn will be Taryn. He is elusive and will extend plays. But this year he doesn't have Goedert. Man that guy could catch anything...not to mention get crazy open when Taryn would extend plays. Then throw in Wieneke for good measure. Without Goedert in that game, I think the Bison would have won that game despite our turnovers. So...that game was a tale of turnovers and Taryn/Goedert. We clean up the stupid turnovers, I think we have a decent advantage.
    ^^This^^ The reason why the media, and Klieman, have talked about the losses of Goedert and Wieneke is because they are big deals, and should have an influence on the outcome of this came.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    This is all very true. I do think our offense actually could be better this year because people can’t scheme against one or two guys, and sometimes I think we went overboard trying to get them the ball. The real question is whether or not the new guys are good enough to win one on one battles when they’re presented to them. I think TC has looked better this year because he hasn’t forced it to one or two playmakers so far. The biggest loss on our offense, to me, was Onesorge. When you lose a center that good, that’s tough to replace. TC can extend a play, but not if there’s four guys in his face. Ndsu definitely should be. Considered the favorite going in, but I would be severely disappointed if we get smoked by 21 points. If our defense plays well, it will be a good game. If not, I think it looks like a repeat of the playoff game in 16, which would suck.

Remember Hunters Safety-Treat Every Hunter as if He Were Loaded

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Honestly I think this game comes down to our D-Line against their O-Line. If our front four consistently stop the run and are able to get to the QB with Cox playing spy then this game will be very similar to the last three. I know last year I was very disappointed that we didn't take advantage of our O-line being able to open holes consistently throughout the game and tried to force throwing the ball WAY TOO MUCH.