Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets get this Marker Week started!

Default Re: Lets get this Marker Week started!

I think this is going to be the second hardest game of the season for us (playoffs included). Right behind USD.

Quote Originally Posted by #1BISONFAN ASHLEY View Post
    Just heard from a college buddy he got a student ticket at 11 a.m. this morning. I remember my freshman year of '13 if we weren't online in the first 5 minutes they were gone. Just a bad showing lately from the students
    That is just crazy to think about. I remember doing the same thing. Everyone would be sitting in class on their laptop/phone and hitting refresh until they got through. It was chaos at its finest. I will admit that we (my group of friends and I) had a standing policy that we could leave if we were up by 21+ at halftime. Hence why we ended up staying to watch that terrible 17-14 loss to Indiana State back in '12.

It is disappointing that the students are so complacent meow. I remember asking some Freshman/Sophomores that I worked with on campus if they were going down to Frisco in '13, and they said, "No, we can't make it this year, so we will just go next year!" The arrogance! Haha. But really blew my mind, and I tried to explain to them how lucky they were and there was no guarantees that we would ever get back. I tried to explain to them what 2008 and 2009 were like when we went 6-5 and 3-8, respectively. Then we went on to win 3 out of the next 4, and they never learned.

Some teams just can't defend the run against our 2nd, 3rd, and 4th teams. Are you saying that's what happened to the Jacks last week?

Looking at the stats, it appears the Jacks kept passing later in the game quite a bit more than NDSU did. Not that I really care, but if you're going to make a point, you should probably make sure it is solid.

Yep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by thebootfitter View Post
    Some teams just can't defend the run against our 2nd, 3rd, and 4th teams. Are you saying that's what happened to the Jacks last week?

Looking at the stats, it appears the Jacks kept passing later in the game quite a bit more than NDSU did. Not that I really care, but if you're going to make a point, you should probably make sure it is solid.
    NDSU pulled Stick after the 1st Quarter. From there, their back-up QBs went 6/12, 85 yards, and one TD passing drive. Six other drives resulted in four TDs and two missed FGs.

SDSU pulled Christion after the 2nd Quarter. From there, their back-up QBs went 6/7, 225 yards and three TD passing drives. Four other drives resulted rushing TDs.

The two games are not similar in regards how to beat-down an opponent mercifully.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    NDSU pulled Stick after the 1st Quarter. From there, their back-up QBs went 6/12, 85 yards, and one TD passing drive. Six other drives resulted in four TDs and two missed FGs.

SDSU pulled Christion after the 2nd Quarter. From there, their back-up QBs went 6/7, 225 yards and three TD passing drives. Four other drives resulted rushing TDs.

The two games are not similar in regards how to beat-down an opponent mercifully.
    You realize how similar those stats are right? Backups threw roughly 4 passes per quarter. Because APBU decided not to tackle the we on a short route they went for tds. That’s the difference. We have better athletes at wr than you do and that’s not a controversial take (oh wait, it is for you cause apparently Weineke would have been run of the mill up there). Your offense is designed to control the ball, ours is designed to score and be explosive. We let our backups get experience running our offense, it’s valuable experience. Tbh I don’t see a problem with that. Every player that had pads on played that game. If you can’t stop our guys at the very bottom of the roster then I can’t help you, this isn’t Pop Warner.

Remember Hunters Safety-Treat Every Hunter as if He Were Loaded

I predict an NDSU win but I also predict Taryn pissing me off more than enough times by dancing around a few would be sacks.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I predict an NDSU win but I also predict Taryn pissing me off more than enough times by dancing around a few would be sacks.
    I predict that, even though I think the drive would be cool and I am interested in it, once again I’ll be flying to the Bison game in Frisco come January.

Don't believe everything you think.

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The winner of this game likely wins the conference. I don't see either of these teams losing 2 conference games this year after this.