Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets get this Marker Week started!

Default Re: Lets get this Marker Week started!

I know its SDSU week and all, but man the UND board is WAY more entertaining this week to read

peace out
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by Jacks02 View Post
    I'll admit that losing Wieneke and Goedert is big, but we returned nearly everyone on defense, including potential pro CB Jordan Brown and All-American Rozeboom and also added a Big 10 safety in Snyder. I think our DL is improved from last year as well.

I think we are good at the skill positions on offense. We have TC back, and he's looked as good as ever. We also have four running backs who are plenty capable of making big plays, and have good depth at WR, head-lined by Cade Johnson. My biggest concern is the O-Line, where we lost All-American Ohnesorge and multi-year starter Weir.

Losing the ISU game really sucks, because I think that was important in getting the team prepared for NDSU. We faced MSU without its starting QB, and APB was atrocious and didn't tell me anything.

I think NDSU is the clear favorite, especially at home, but I think we still have a good enough team to get the win if we play a mistake-free game.
    ...and if NDSU doesn't play well, like the last 2 losses to SDSU. If both teams play to their potential, NDSU is a better team and should win by 2 scores. If the ball bounces the way of the Jacks again, who knows... I have a hard time seeing NDSU making all of those unforced errors in one game again.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

I love the take opposing fans use to describe to us their team.

Sdsu suddenly has 4 home run hitters at rb.

Classic. We see this all of the time in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    I love the take opposing fans use to describe to us their team.

Sdsu suddenly has 4 home run hitters at rb.

Classic. We see this all of the time in the playoffs.
    Don't forget all that speed at WR. Would that be considered "Southern Speed"?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Jacks02 View Post
    I'll admit that losing Wieneke and Goedert is big, but we returned nearly everyone on defense, including potential pro CB Jordan Brown and All-American Rozeboom and also added a Big 10 safety in Snyder. I think our DL is improved from last year as well.

I think we are good at the skill positions on offense. We have TC back, and he's looked as good as ever. We also have four running backs who are plenty capable of making big plays, and have good depth at WR, head-lined by Cade Johnson. My biggest concern is the O-Line, where we lost All-American Ohnesorge and multi-year starter Weir.

Losing the ISU game really sucks, because I think that was important in getting the team prepared for NDSU. We faced MSU without its starting QB, and APB was atrocious and didn't tell me anything.

I think NDSU is the clear favorite, especially at home, but I think we still have a good enough team to get the win if we play a mistake-free game.

Agreed 100%.

If it all comes down to it, and both teams play a virtually mistake free game, I think NDSU take this. SDSU is plenty good enough to beat us at home if we are not on our A-Game, no doubt. Going to be a great game- I would be SHOCKED if this is a 14+ pt win for either team
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Bison fans on Bisonville have gone soft. Wow!
    Ok, just to spice things up a little. Someone should hack into the video boards and play their jmu turnover highlights on the 2 big boards on repeat. On the 4 corner boards play an anti DUI commercial asking fans to not pull a Stiegelmeyer

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Ok, just to spice things up a little. Someone should hack into the video boards and play their jmu turnover highlights on the 2 big boards on repeat. On the 4 corner boards play an anti DUI commercial asking fans to not pull a Stiegelmeyer

Honestly has this been the best time since the last game? They embarrassed themselves in the semi, we win the NC against the team than embarrassed them and Stig gets a consequence free DUI? Pure GOLD.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My prediction: if NDSU turns the ball over 5 times(only half as many as the Jacks had in their last playoff game) SDSU wins but it will still be close. Even with 5 "extra" posessions they are only two scores better.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

My hope is that the refs call Ineligible Man Downfield at least once, or heck how about every time the jacks do it. They run RPOs very well but when our linebackers have lineman in there face 5 yards downfield, you can't expect them to cover anyone. It happened several times last year with no calls.

Its a problem all across college football right now, too.

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post

CADD

Coaches Against Drunk Driving