Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets get this Marker Week started!

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Lets get this Marker Week started!

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    Possibly have something to do with the level of competition? I've stopped watching at halftime in all of the previous games as well.
    Realistically, there are only going to be about 2 or 3 games this year (including playoffs) that won't be over by halftime. I want to see the fanbase engaged nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    Exactly, what was SDSU supposed to do?
    Simple, just run the ball (mostly up the middle) like NDSU pretty much does every time the game is out of reach. No need to go 2007 Patriots on a team that's only there to take check and provide your team a "W."

Imagine it in terms of a combat sport where one individual is extremely vastly superior in every way to another individual, who's best characteristic is that he/she doesn't quit. Which is better? Finish the opponent quickly and be better prepared for next, much stronger opponent? Or, toy with the weaker opponent with a barrage of big time moves just for the sake of showing off and embarrassing the heck out of their opponent? With the former, you're not going to loose respect among fans while at the same time not cause a frustrated opponent to take issue with being embarrassed and doing something stupid to hurt you.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Between UNd and SDSU twitter is gold tonight

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    Realistically, there are only going to be about 2 or 3 games this year (including playoffs) that won't be over by halftime. I want to see the fanbase engaged nonetheless.
    Good luck with that. I would have to say "fanbase engagement" is out of your control.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Simple, just run the ball (mostly up the middle) like NDSU pretty much does every time the game is out of reach. No need to go 2007 Patriots on a team that's only there to take check and provide your team a "W."

Imagine it in terms of a combat sport where one individual is extremely vastly superior in every way to another individual, who's best characteristic is that he/she doesn't quit. Which is better? Finish the opponent quickly and be better prepared for next, much stronger opponent? Or, toy with the weaker opponent with a barrage of big time moves just for the sake of showing off and embarrassing the heck out of their opponent? With the former, you're not going to loose respect among fans while at the same time not cause a frustrated opponent to take issue with being embarrassed and doing something stupid to hurt you.
    if theyre low percentage swing passes that get stuffed 99.9% of the time, then thats on A-PB. no pity from me

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    if theyre low percentage swing passes that get stuffed 99.9% of the time, then thats on A-PB. no pity from me
    This I would agree on. However, from some of the video I've watched, at least a few of the back-up QB passes were somewhat deep passes.

In regards to teams like Arkansas-Pine Bluffs, I don't think many of their players would even get offers from any of Minnesota's DII teams. They shouldn't be fielding a team at this level.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Do you know that SDSU didn't try to run the ball? I didn't watch the game, so I don't know, but I have a hard time believing that they aired it out every single play. Maybe they broke off a few big runs "up the middle." Maybe pud state is so damned terrible that most SD high school teams could have beat them. Who gives a shit if SDSU ran up the score, I know I don't and I'm pretty sure most fans don't either.

I think I need to remind some of you guys that SDSU called off the dogs on us in 2009 when we really sucked. SDSU had the ball late in the game deep in our territory and were driving. They were having their way with us and could have easily scored, but Stig elected to take a knee and run out the clock. Anyone here have memory of that? Funny how easily some of us forget those kind of things.

Quite frankly, Stig should have gone for it and scored. It's a rivalry game, right? If he would have, I know I wouldn't have been offended. We're the mighty Bison, we should have been able to stop them. If we hadn't, shame on us.

This I would agree on. However, from some of the video I've watched, at least a few of the back-up QB passes were somewhat deep passes.

In regards to teams like Arkansas-Pine Bluffs, I don't think many of their players would even get offers from any of Minnesota's DII teams. They shouldn't be fielding a team at this level.
    and lets not act like SDSU fans havent said more than once that this game should NOT have even been played. no sane football fan is impressed by a 90 spot. just like nobody was impressed with NDSU hanging 72 on MVSU

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I see no problem with scoring 150 on someone. If they suck that bad maybe it proves they need to fold up their program. Only pussies and crybabies would be concerned about running up the score. Who the fuck cares if you lose by 50 or 150 it's the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper 76 View Post
    You realize how similar those stats are right? Backups threw roughly 4 passes per quarter. Because APBU decided not to tackle the we on a short route they went for tds. That’s the difference. We have better athletes at wr than you do and that’s not a controversial take (oh wait, it is for you cause apparently Weineke would have been run of the mill up there). Your offense is designed to control the ball, ours is designed to score and be explosive. We let our backups get experience running our offense, it’s valuable experience. Tbh I don’t see a problem with that. Every player that had pads on played that game. If you can’t stop our guys at the very bottom of the roster then I can’t help you, this isn’t Pop Warner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agreed.

Good luck Saturday.

Not saying I like Stig tho ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.