Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Excellence Games

Default Re: Excellence Games

For me, both K-State and Iowa demonstrated a Bison standard of excellence.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    ...couldn't agree more...

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

My favorite play in the K-State game is actually the final kickoff... NDSU spent the entire game kicking it short to avoid the big return. On the last kick, they moved their returners up, NDSU recognized it and kicked it over their heads into the endzone. Plays like that show an attention to detail.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Default Excellence Games

1660 had a long segment about fan complacency yesterday. For me it harkens back to this thread.

When the team is playing at a high level I love to sit back and appreciate even if not a blowout. rather see a shutout than a blowout anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post
    1660 had a long segment about fan complacency yesterday. For me it harkens back to this thread.

When the team is playing at a high level I love to sit back and appreciate even if not a blowout. rather see a shutout than a blowout anyway.

Yep, I don't get it. WAY less stressful than watching a close game. Then, I start to wonder, are folks who come fans or are they just looking for entertainment? If the former, you have to love a good stomping.

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post

Kolpack and Izzo also discussed this issue on their SDSU Preview podcast. Basically said the FargoDome has gradually gotten less loud over the years since 2013, if I remember correctly.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Kolpack and Izzo also discussed this issue on their SDSU Preview podcast. Basically said the FargoDome has gradually gotten less loud over the years since 2013, if I remember correctly.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.
    We will see if it is loud Saturday.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

We will see if it is loud Saturday.
    It's only loud it it has to be cause the game is close.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post

Kolpack would do Coach Klieman a big favor if he wrote an article about that in the paper... Or better yet McFeely.... "NDSU fans used to be the best, now they are quiet knitters."
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Its no secret that the crowd is far less intense than it used to be. That's because the games and the stakes are far less intense than they used to be.

2011- literally no one besides ourselves believed we could dethrown UNI or win multiple playoff games, or beat GSU or a national championsip
    2012- no one believed we could win it back to back
    2013 - okay you won back to back, but 3x?
    2014- okay now there's really no way you guys are good without that senior class blah blah blah

The law of decreasing marginal utility tells us that as a collective we appreciate each natty less than the one before (I know that we Hard core fans love each natty equally like children haha), however the overal buzz and importance to the casual fans (students) is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaay lower than in previous years... and who cana blame them?

Cheer louder dood, its 3rd down
    Who cares- we're going to win no matter what- we've won 6/7 national championships.

the joy that a casual fan has for the 7th or 8th national championship is SO MUCH LESS than the first.

I'm not defending dull crowds at ALL- i was at the game saturday and you could hear me whistling literally over the Television (watch the first 7 seconds of the Jabril Cox pick 6- you can distinclty hear the whistle). But psychology and economics says that this is the law of decreasing marginal utility. open and shut.

We either need to get worse, or our competition needs to get better before people feel like its "NEW" again and start screaming their asses off
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS