Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Excellence Games

Default Re: Excellence Games

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
    USD in 2012 in sioux falls. Don’t think the yotes crossed the 50 more than once the entire game.
    I'd say three times if you count their streaker
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Its no secret that the crowd is far less intense than it used to be. That's because the games and the stakes are far less intense than they used to be.

2011- literally no one besides ourselves believed we could dethrown UNI or win multiple playoff games, or beat GSU or a national championsip
    2012- no one believed we could win it back to back
    2013 - okay you won back to back, but 3x?
    2014- okay now there's really no way you guys are good without that senior class blah blah blah

The law of decreasing marginal utility tells us that as a collective we appreciate each natty less than the one before (I know that we Hard core fans love each natty equally like children haha), however the overal buzz and importance to the casual fans (students) is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaay lower than in previous years... and who cana blame them?

Cheer louder dood, its 3rd down
    Who cares- we're going to win no matter what- we've won 6/7 national championships.

the joy that a casual fan has for the 7th or 8th national championship is SO MUCH LESS than the first.

I'm not defending dull crowds at ALL- i was at the game saturday and you could hear me whistling literally over the Television (watch the first 7 seconds of the Jabril Cox pick 6- you can distinclty hear the whistle). But psychology and economics says that this is the law of decreasing marginal utility. open and shut.

We either need to get worse, or our competition needs to get better before people feel like its "NEW" again and start screaming their asses off
    I don't know if it confirms or disproves your theory but, at least for me, this last title was topped only by the first one (and may have been about tied with the 2014 classic against Illinois St). Just that one year hiatus made it seem a little sweeter. Having a team that actually was threatening to take the mantle as not only the best team in the FCS but the best program of the FCS in JMU made it seem like there was more on the line than in previous title games. It'll be tough to top that one.

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Its no secret that the crowd is far less intense than it used to be. That's because the games and the stakes are far less intense than they used to be.

2011- literally no one besides ourselves believed we could dethrown UNI or win multiple playoff games, or beat GSU or a national championsip
    2012- no one believed we could win it back to back
    2013 - okay you won back to back, but 3x?
    2014- okay now there's really no way you guys are good without that senior class blah blah blah

The law of decreasing marginal utility tells us that as a collective we appreciate each natty less than the one before (I know that we Hard core fans love each natty equally like children haha), however the overal buzz and importance to the casual fans (students) is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaay lower than in previous years... and who cana blame them?

Cheer louder dood, its 3rd down
    Who cares- we're going to win no matter what- we've won 6/7 national championships.

the joy that a casual fan has for the 7th or 8th national championship is SO MUCH LESS than the first.

I'm not defending dull crowds at ALL- i was at the game saturday and you could hear me whistling literally over the Television (watch the first 7 seconds of the Jabril Cox pick 6- you can distinclty hear the whistle). But psychology and economics says that this is the law of decreasing marginal utility. open and shut.

We either need to get worse, or our competition needs to get better before people feel like its "NEW" again and start screaming their asses off
    Whoa, whoa! Pschology, Economics and the law of decreasing marginal utility? Way to apply that college education.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix