Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Excellence Games

Default Excellence Games

Like to start a thread for games we have been able to observe football excellence. Even though the games may be overlooked in the future. Not necessarily “big” games but where we have seen the standard of Bison Football being met.

Kudos to the players and coaches. I have a lot of people ask “why do you watch these games if they are just kicking the snot out of them?” I watch them for games like yesterday. NDSU pounds a lot of teams, and it is good- but yesterday was greatness on display. Still some to clean up but a lot of excellence in those 60 minutes.

NDSU VS DELAWARE 2018 all aspects of Bison game clicking with different player groups feeding each other. d line pressure creating interception opportunities. Oline creating absurd time for Easton. Jabril Cox pick 6 (second in 2 weeks) and I think his next play after he has a sack. Easton on his game running and throwing. Special teams making shortening the field with big plays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Re: Excellence Games

A couple that stand out to me.

YSU 2012: I believe it was #1 vs #2 in the country, YSU was the only loss for the Bison the previous year during the first title run, it was homecoming IIRC, and they even picked the game on College Gameday that morning. I think most fans were still a little unsure of whether that team was a title contender but after a 48-7 beatdown on YSU that day I think quite a few, myself included, started making Frisco plans (back in those days you could still get good, and cheap, Frisco tickets in early October).

WIU 2015: WIU had a pretty good team that year, I think they made the playoffs at 6-5 due to their insanely tough schedule. I believe it was Easton Stick's 1st start in the Fargodome and they laid the wood on the Leathernecks to the tune of 59-7 or something like that. That was also Zach Vraa's famous "hug the defender" catch game.

EDIT: Gotta add that 2007 Central Michigan game in there too. Going in I remember thinking that they'd have a decent shot to win if they played well but a 44-14 beatdown like they gave them never even crossed my mind.

You could do a whole thread just with playoff games. There was the Georgia Southern 2011 semi, the entire 2013 playoffs, the entire 2017 playoffs until Frisco. Montana to open the 2015 playoffs.....

We're f#$%in spoiled rotten as fans.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post

YSU 2012: I believe it was #1 vs #2 in the country, YSU was the only loss for the Bison the previous year during the first title run, it was homecoming IIRC, and they even picked the game on College Gameday that morning. I think most fans were still a little unsure of whether that team was a title contender but after a 48-7 beatdown on YSU that day I think quite a few, myself included, started making Frisco plans (back in those days you could still get good, and cheap, Frisco tickets in early October).

WIU 2015: WIU had a pretty good team that year, I think they made the playoffs at 6-5 due to their insanely tough schedule. I believe it was Easton Stick's 1st start in the Fargodome and they laid the wood on the Leathernecks to the tune of 59-7 or something like that. That was also Zach Vraa's famous "hug the defender" catch game.
    That YSU game is the one that immediately came to my mind too. It was hoping so that little extra buzz was in the air. I thought it was #1 vs. #3 but either way NDSU was just dominant from the jump.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post

EDIT: Gotta add that 2007 Central Michigan game in there too. Going in I remember thinking that they'd have a decent shot to win if they played well but a 44-14 beatdown like they gave them never even crossed my mind.

You could do a whole thread just with playoff games. There was the Georgia Southern 2011 semi, the entire 2013 playoffs, the entire 2017 playoffs until Frisco. Montana to open the 2015 playoffs.....

We're f#$%in spoiled rotten as fans.
    Pretty sure that YSU game was homecoming? It was a dominant performance.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

In the DI era...the two Georgia Southern playoff games stand out for me.

In the DII era...a game or two with Pitt State, and the Indiana, PA championship game stand out. We throttled Indiana in all phases.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    In the DI era...the two Georgia Southern playoff games stand out for me.
    Colton heagle was a beast
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I have had other people saying recently "why do you watch these games when they just kill everyone as it is boring". The same question could be said about 85% of Alabama's games yet lots of people still watch their games. It is about excellence and this will not last forever for sure.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

USD in 2012 in sioux falls. Don’t think the yotes crossed the 50 more than once the entire game.

SoCalBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    I have had other people saying recently "why do you watch these games when they just kill everyone as it is boring".
    Have you been talking to my wife?

"Why do I watch these games?"...

... because I watch the Vikings on Sunday.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.