Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast

Thread: GDT: NDSU v. Delaware

Default Re: GDT: NDSU v. Delaware

I tried Priceline this summer. They do not disclose parking or internet fees. I will NEVER use them again. This might be obvious, but Hotels.com FTW
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    Isn't a chop block when you block low on a defender who is already engaged? I don't think the play you're describing is a chop block.

Edit. I guess I'm too focused on semantics....I think you're point is valid......just commenting on the term. Come to think of it, I think the broadcast did the same thing.
    Playing the part of IndyBison today is Gully. I usually know what people mean when they use cut and chop but definitions are critical for officials. Chop is any high low combination. It doesn't matter which is first. Cut clock isn't defined in the rule book but it's a common term for any low block.

If the defender turns at the last second and that is what causes the block to be outside of 10-2 it's not a foul. Another element of this block could be if its back forward the original position of the ball. That's not allowed in most instances and probably the most common one I've seen.

After 4 games we've only had 1 illegal block below the waist, and I've noticed teams cutting less this year. The rule changes are having an effect. I have no idea if that is true nationally.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    Playing the part of IndyBison today is Gully. I usually know what people mean when they use cut and chop but definitions are critical for officials. Chop is any high low combination. It doesn't matter which is first. Cut clock isn't defined in the rule book but it's a common term for any low block.

If the defender turns at the last second and that is what causes the block to be outside of 10-2 it's not a foul. Another element of this block could be if its back forward the original position of the ball. That's not allowed in most instances and probably the most common one I've seen.

After 4 games we've only had 1 illegal block below the waist, and I've noticed teams cutting less this year. The rule changes are having an effect. I have no idea if that is true nationally.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    As an official, I suspect your motto is “call what you see”. Don’t speculate on what might have come before.

So, if you didn’t see the first millisecond of the block where the defender MIGHT have turned, what do you do?

You saw 99.9% of what happened and that all looked like an illegal block. There’s a lot going on out there and can’t see everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Are they? Because you can figure out what it is pretty easily. If they dont fit your location,then spend the extra. Yes obviously if theres a vikings game in town, there wont be express deals downtown and youll be out by the airport.

what are the better places than express deals?
    Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    I tried Priceline this summer. They do not disclose parking or internet fees. I will NEVER use them again. This might be obvious, but Hotels.com FTW
    Trivago, Kayak, Airbnb/HomeAway/VRBO. Honestly tho, most of the time, the hotel's official website offers a discount and some other advantage by booking direct if you join their rewards program. Plus, it's MUCH easier dealing with issues directly than through a third party, especially if you get non-refundable.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

If I'm pre-booking, I do Hotels.com. Often times I'll go to these road games and see if I can drive both ways. If I can't, I'll Priceline express deal a place close to where I am.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Trivago, Kayak, Airbnb/HomeAway/VRBO. Honestly tho, most of the time, the hotel's official website offers a discount and some other advantage by booking direct if you join their rewards program. Plus, it's MUCH easier dealing with issues directly than through a third party, especially if you get non-refundable.
    Yolo me boi.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Yeah. I happily took the Motel 6 on the other side of campus. I'm hardly hosting a dinner party.
    Does your room come with blood stains and a chalk outline of a body?
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Does your room come with blood stains and a chalk outline of a body?
    It's Newark, DE not Camden, NJ
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    As an official, I suspect your motto is “call what you see”. Don’t speculate on what might have come before.

So, if you didn’t see the first millisecond of the block where the defender MIGHT have turned, what do you do?

You saw 99.9% of what happened and that all looked like an illegal block. There’s a lot going on out there and can’t see everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Absolutely. It's the primary reason you may see something that looks like an obvious foul but there was no flag. None of officials saw enough of the play to flag it. Especially with the help of video you realize quickly if you make an assumption based on seeing part of a play you are going to be wrong a lot more than you are right. So if you aren't sure it's best to live with a no call. 99.9% is probably a little high of a threshold, but you have the right idea. You are likely to see the block forming though because each official is responsible for covering 1 or 2 players on the offense so you split up responsibilities to likely see the blocker approaching, especially in space. When you break it down like that and you have built up a lot of experience it's not as hard as you realize. I like to tell people officiating is harder than you realize, but once you gain experience it's usually not that hard. By the time an official reaches the MVFC (which is VERY competitive and hard) you have a lot of experience (likely 10-15 years or more).

perthbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    I have read that as a "fact" on a couple of other fan sites.
    I think I’m accurate when I told him that the bakken patch had very little to do with our rise to prominence. I gave him a 4-5 minute explanation and found it was nearly impossible to cover the subject in a way that a non Nodaker might actually comprehend it in that amount of time. At that moment I was again reminded how ass backwards the politics in our state are.