Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread: GDT: NDSU v. Delaware

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: GDT: NDSU v. Delaware

Quote Originally Posted by DIBISON View Post
    No way a Big Sky team gets to Frisco! When is the last time they did?
    Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    It's going to be NDSU taking down EWU in Frisco.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    I'd say this aged pretty well!

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    I'd say this aged pretty well!
    I was actually thinking about this recently. I’m too lazy to look it up but I definitely gave anyone shit who thought it would be EWU in Frisco. I’ll eat crow.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    I was actually thinking about this recently. I’m too lazy to look it up but I definitely gave anyone shit who thought it would be EWU in Frisco. I’ll eat crow.
    First, re: EWU... I would be very surprised if they get past the QF, so CM is pretty close there... but man, one side of the bracket would have to be STACKED in order to for EWU to get to the championship. I'm not convinced they are clearly the best team in the Big Sky, let alone one side of a playoff bracket.

Second, re: JMU... Last year, they were easily the second best team in the country. After some pretty key roster losses this year, they've answered some questions already (especially against NC St), and I don't see a loss on their schedule in the (softer than MVFC) CAA... Even so, you have to respect what they have done, potentially going undefeated in conference play for 3 seasons in a row. That's impressive in any conference. If respecting my opponent means I have to join a circle-jerk, pass the lotion, I guess?

Anyway, put those 2 things together, and EWU will likely have to face JMU or NDSU in the semi's, if they even make it that far... I just don't see anyone beating either of those teams in the playoffs and I'll believe it when I see it.
    Actually, my first paragraph was pretty spot on...
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Actually, my first paragraph was pretty spot on...
    The bracket was very unbalanced. EWU was clearly the best team in the bottom half and the third best team in the field entering the tournament.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    The bracket was very unbalanced. EWU was clearly the best team in the bottom half and the third best team in the field entering the tournament.
    So its down to this... is EWU the second best team now, or the first best team. On to Frisco to find out.
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!