Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: GDT: NDSU v. Delaware

Bison_Pride is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: GDT: NDSU v. Delaware

I'm not sure if this was posted anywhere else, but it's an interesting topic from some Delaware fans who made the trip.

http://www.gohens.net/boards/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=25000

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Early in the game we got hit with a cut block penalty. Looking at the game 7:30 in our G is within five yards of the line of scrimmage and contacts between 10-2. LB turns his body to take the chop block on his hip. Is there something that i'm not seeing because that looks like a good block to me????

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    Early in the game we got hit with a cut block penalty. Looking at the game 7:30 in our G is within five yards of the line of scrimmage and contacts between 10-2. LB turns his body to take the chop block on his hip. Is there something that i'm not seeing because that looks like a good block to me????
    Typical. If a defender see a cut block coming all they need to do is twist their hips and, BAM... 15 yard penalty.

Isn't a chop block when you block low on a defender who is already engaged? I don't think the play you're describing is a chop block.

Edit. I guess I'm too focused on semantics....I think you're point is valid......just commenting on the term. Come to think of it, I think the broadcast did the same thing.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    Isn't a chop block when you block low on a defender who is already engaged? I don't think the play you're describing is a chop block.

Edit. I guess I'm too focused on semantics....I think you're point is valid......just commenting on the term. Come to think of it, I think the broadcast did the same thing.
    I guess looking back the ref says "illegal block below the waist" Same question though. Don't get the call at all. 15 Yard penalties like that kill drives. So they better be legit. Maybe I'm missing something though?

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

A heads up for those planning to travel to Delaware next year. There are several hotels across the main street (College Ave) from their stadium. I was able to book my room today. Rates weren't bad.
    Looking good Billy Ray!

Quote Originally Posted by gumby013 View Post
    A heads up for those planning to travel to Delaware next year. There are several hotels across the main street (College Ave) from their stadium. I was able to book my room today. Rates weren't bad.
    Whats not bad????
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Whats not bad????
    $171 for the Homewood suites across the street from the stadium. For the Northeast, that's not bad.
    Looking good Billy Ray!

perthbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

At the airport in Houston I received an invite to a tailgate. He saw my Bizon cap and wanted to talk football. He wondered if we built this program with Bakken wealth?

Quote Originally Posted by perthbison View Post
    At the airport in Houston I received an invite to a tailgate. He saw my Bizon cap and wanted to talk football. He wondered if we built this program with Bakken wealth?
    I have read that as a "fact" on a couple of other fan sites.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix