Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: UNA Post Game Thoughts

Default Re: UNA Post Game Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    Conspiracy theory time: Is this NDSU's way of saying the FargoDome needs to be replaced and the fundraising needs to start immediately for it

Keith Brake asked our AD what's next now that the SHAC and Softball are done and the IPF is on its way. He only committed to our outdoor track needs a facelift. Other than that he said we can't stand still, so is NDSU sabotaging the fairly new lighting upgrades in the Dome to spearhead a new facility. I'm kidding or am I
    I'll only buy into the conspiracy theory if there is a grassy knoll.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

https://youtu.be/3mj9hTo7dk4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    The backside scoreboard for us in the top of the end zone showed lots of Bud Light ads which seems odd if you can’t buy it during the game.
    During the national anthem

Lardsin must go!

Looking at a half empty stadium at about halftime is getting old. Players of the future deserve better.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    Looking at a half empty stadium at about halftime is getting old. Players of the future deserve better.
    So you're going to start going to games then?
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Maybe they deserve a better schedule as well.

I recall sitting in the end zone of Memorial Stadium in Lincoln as a pre-driving age young punk one fine Saturday back in ‘70. On this day the Huskers were on their way to a beat down of Ok St by a final of 68-31 or some such thing. No empty seats that I recall.

Of course it was “Band Day” and that meant that the end zone I was seated in was filled with Nebraska High School bands - up above the lower rows where I sat with - students. I’ll leave it to your imagination what happened when the bands filed down to the field at halftime. Dudes with Tuba’s were very vulnerable.

Anyway yeah not sure how you fix this but the TV shots of “fans” fiddling with their cell phones or worse, yawning, is incongruous to say the least.

I was watching Alabama vs Ole Miss last night and even though bama had a 49-7 lead the fans were still on their feet and totally engaged.

Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    During the national anthem
    Stupid unpatriotic Bud Light ads.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    I recall sitting in the end zone of Memorial Stadium in Lincoln as a pre-driving age young punk one fine Saturday back in ‘70. On this day the Huskers were on their way to a beat down of Ok St by a final of 68-31 or some such thing. No empty seats that I recall.

Of course it was “Band Day” and that meant that the end zone I was seated in was filled with Nebraska High School bands - up above the lower rows where I sat with - students. I’ll leave it to your imagination what happened when the bands filed down to the field at halftime. Dudes with Tuba’s were very vulnerable.

Anyway yeah not sure how you fix this but the TV shots of “fans” fiddling with their cell phones or worse, yawning, is incongruous to say the least.

I was watching Alabama vs Ole Miss last night and even though bama had a 49-7 lead the fans were still on their feet and totally engaged.

This is what I'm talking about.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post

You don’t think it has more to do with the fact that it was a bit of a rivalry game?
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery