Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: UNA Post Game Thoughts

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: UNA Post Game Thoughts

If we went for it on fourth And goal from the one and didn’t get it the chance our defense gets a safety the way they were playing is like 50% at that point.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Kleiman was pissed in his interview. I think frustrations with the offense and his decision to kick was on emotion. If Kleiman wanted to, Bruce up the middle or a boot leg with Stick likely scores >75% of the time.
    I’m sure he was pissed with the offense. I just think that history strongly suggests he makes the decision to kick anyway.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I thought the field goal was a no brainer. 3 score lead, defense playing lights out, we get the ball in the 2nd half, and if I remember correctly, not much time on the clock
    Agree. Further, you don’t want to risk a fail on 4th and goal and let the underdog go to the locker starting to believe in the upset.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    I’m sure he was pissed with the offense. I just think that history strongly suggests he makes the decision to kick anyway.
    vs SDSU/UNI sure

vs pud state? no

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I thought the field goal was a no brainer. 3 score lead, defense playing lights out, we get the ball in the 2nd half, and if I remember correctly, not much time on the clock
    The clock is not an argument for settling for 3 in that situation it’s an argument for going for 6.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

DakotaOkie is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    My humble observations:

Two calls I didn't like. First, as others have said third and goal from the one use a power back. Second, why throw a pass when it is third and one from about the 40? Run the damn ball.

How did that fumble on the punt return get recovered by the Bison when I could swear at least two UNA jumped on it?

Credit to NAL, they competed and have some very good players. I am not convinced you can build a long-term quality team with JUCO transfers. time after time.

The Bison defense is good. The had the sack machine working today. Grimsley can tackle.

#42 is fast, very fast. #5 is fast, very fast. I wish we could have seen him play more than one series.
    Two N AL guys did jump on it, but the replay camera angle showed clearly the ball was knocked beneath the player's hip upon which the Bison jumped on it. The N AL players simply knocked the ball away from themselves.

Agree that both 3 & 1 calls were poor. Running your smallest back up the middle when this has failed two times with the bigger guys makes no sense. For some reason, I was expecting the pass play even though it made little sense.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    The clock is not an argument for settling for 3 in that situation it’s an argument for going for 6.
    Time or not. A 3 score lead and the game is over with the way our defense was playing. 2 scores and they go into half time with hope. And you cant settle for points. You earn thm

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Agree. Further, you don’t want to risk a fail on 4th and goal and let the underdog go to the locker starting to believe in the upset.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The only thing that should matter in the decision is the math, and you can go for it, fail and have that failure result directly in 6 for the opponent at almost 5% rate there and you still only need to convert for 6 somewhere around 52-54% to come out ahead of kicking the FG, and that's saying the FG is a 100% lock.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

Bad decision to go for the field goal, fire Klieman.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

I think some of the offensive ineptitude can be the result of not wanting anything on tape for the wabbits in 2 weeks when the conference season starts. However that does not explain the piss poor execution of the plays that are called, the poor clock management, the turnovers and penalties. Got lots to clean up so I'll chalk it up to the bye week and hope for improvement next week. Tip o the cap to UNA they are gamers and will be making more noise this season.