Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: UNA Post Game Thoughts

Default Re: UNA Post Game Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Hmmm. Sounds somewhat convincing. But I’m not sold on playing MoneyBall at the collegiate level. If it was just a game of chance then maybe. But there are very young humans involved.

Given the flow of that game and the result of the previous three plays I would have kicked that FG just like CK did. It was basically a PAT that paid 3:1.

I would have done it yesterday, I would do it again today and I would do it again on every other day going forward that ends in the letter ‘y’.
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I would have kicked it also since we were getting ball at start of 2nd half.

Game was exactly what we needed - O gets a wakeup call but we still get the W. UNA’s stock is obviously rising too so they’re underrated, IMO. Could have beat the spread to make a statement (SDSU, JMU) but gave some young players some game reps and for the most part I liked what I saw there. All that matters now is UD.

I have to say that the dome crowd has become quite apathetic and it can be a little embarrassing when they pan the seats. You need to do better, people. If not then give up your seats to someone who will.

Well, the video is billed as "Some highlights".

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses...54331087659008
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

UNA had some good players on DL. Thought their right DE who was apparently a back up was a very good player who caused a lot of disruption.

Agree this was a good out of conference game to tune up the offense.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    UNA had some good players on DL. Thought their right DE who was apparently a back up was a very good player who caused a lot of disruption.

Agree this was a good out of conference game to tune up the offense.
    44 was in the backfield a lot. 2 sacks or tfls I think?
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    #9 I think was the player I was referring to. Across the line though they had some very athletic players.

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    #44, Evans, 7 tackles, one FF, no sacks or TFL.
    http://www.roarlions.com/roster.aspx?path=football
    https://gobison.com/boxscore.aspx?path=football&id=7412
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If you tell me Easton Stick is a AllState Farm Insurance agent, I will buy my property and auto insurance through him, if you tell me he can throw passes, I am not buying that, no Sir.
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

2 obvious officiating mistakes that could have been reviewed.

The first TD had to be done twice even though Lance was in and came down on a defender and that UNA lineman did not catch that tip.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post
    If you tell me Easton Stick is a AllState Farm Insurance agent, I will buy my property and auto insurance through him, if you tell me he can throw passes, I am not buying that, no Sir.
    Statistics through 2017. Yes, he is horrible.
    Game: #5, % passes completed, 91.7 (11-12); #4 passing yards per completion, 27.5 ; #5, consecutive passes completed 11; #4 TD passes 4 (tie).
    Season:#1, pass efficiency, 169.5 (2017); #2, passing TD's, 28 (2017) and #5, 19 (2016); #4, passing yards, 2,466 (2017) and #5, 2,331 (tie, 2016).
    Career: #2 passing touchdowns, 60 (tie); #3 pass attempts 699, completions, 423, yards, 5,941 and pass efficiency, 154.2; #4, average pass, 8.5, and yards per game, 148.5.
    Paul Fix