Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: UNA Post Game Thoughts

Default Re: UNA Post Game Thoughts

It's not at that level, but this is what year 5 if this staff and clock management and these types of basic game theory decisions have been a problem since their first or 2nd offensive series when Carson has to burn a TO in Ames and, outside of IA City, they've shown no interest in improving it. We've been lucky that we're usual good enough that the decisions don't impact the result of many games, but it will cost us a game at some point. The biggest problem I have with that fact isn't that will lose a game but that the response will be no big deal because he does what every other football coach does incorrectly.

Look back no further than last Sunday night for an example of these types of decisions costing a team of game in Chicago. Never in a million years should they have kicked that field goal to go up 6, but they did and we'd do that 100 times out of 100 too because it's the "safe", but wrong play.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Kleiman obviously thinks NDSU scores there, he sent out the FG unit to get the offenses heads out of their collective asses.

You could well be right on that. You could tell he was pissed in the halftime interview.

I don't recall a single pass being thrown to a tight end. Very unusual.

Quote Originally Posted by DCinOK View Post
    Odd game today. I think our fullback was the leading receiver at one point. Mess knows what hes doing and there is probably a method to his madness

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by DCinOK View Post
    Very disturbing. Our pass play designs are very confusing to me. Doesn't seem to be a west coast passing scheme anymore.
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

Quote Originally Posted by BisManBison View Post
    Very disturbing. Our pass play designs are very confusing to me. Doesn't seem to be a west coast passing scheme anymore.
    Mess is a stud. Last year was the best rushing attack in team history and we more explosive plays than anytime in recent memory. Hes not going to show anything in game 1 and 2. You can show absolutely nothing and make future teams guess or put stuff on tape. Hes obviously doing the former

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

My thoughts...

UNA was very aggressive and very athletic in spots.
    Their center (who switched to guard) was perhaps the largest person I have seen on a football field
    I am surprised their QB survived the game.
    Their coach's halftime interview was great.
    UNA's fans should feel very optimistic about their team.

NDSU's passing game needs a lot of work. UNA was loading the box and we struggled to take advantage of it. I think it is a combination of scheme, QB accuracy and receiver ability. If we don't get it worked out, the good teams in the division are going to load the box and challenge us to beat them one-on-one.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    My thoughts...

UNA was very aggressive and very athletic in spots.
    Their center (who switched to guard) was perhaps the largest person I have seen on a football field
    I am surprised their QB survived the game.
    Their coach's halftime interview was great.
    UNA's fans should feel very optimistic about their team.

NDSU's passing game needs a lot of work. UNA was loading the box and we struggled to take advantage of it. I think it is a combination of scheme, QB accuracy and receiver ability. If we don't get it worked out, the good teams in the division are going to load the box and challenge us to beat them one-on-one.
    I can't remember the team, but we did play someone who had a 400 pounder. The UNA player was listed at 362, but that was probably before he went to Golden Corral for lunch.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Is something wrong with the South video board? Are there new lights that don't turn off and on quickly for the intro?

Lardsin must go!

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Mess is a stud. Last year was the best rushing attack in team history and we more explosive plays than anytime in recent memory. Hes not going to show anything in game 1 and 2. You can show absolutely nothing and make future teams guess or put stuff on tape. Hes obviously doing the former
    We can't execute the passing plays we are calling now but we will execute the ones we're not working on now in future games against much better teams? I hope you're right. I get this game didn't call for much from the passing game but there were a number of plays that were just poorly executed, that's what is really concerning.
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck