Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: UNA Post Game Thoughts

Default Re: UNA Post Game Thoughts

Is someone keeping tabs on this new 4 game red shirt situation on a dedicated thread I can’t find?
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Crowd was terrible, defense dominated, offense needs to get it together.

My humble observations:

Two calls I didn't like. First, as others have said third and goal from the one use a power back. Second, why throw a pass when it is third and one from about the 40? Run the damn ball.

How did that fumble on the punt return get recovered by the Bison when I could swear at least two UNA jumped on it?

Credit to NAU, they competed and have some very good players. I am not convinced you can build a long-term quality team with JUCO transfers. time after time.

The Bison defense is good. The had the sack machine working today. Grimsley can tackle.

#42 is fast, very fast. #5 is fast, very fast. I wish we could have seen him play more than one series.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Disagree. He kicked there because that is what he does. Just like almost every other coach, way to much kicking.
    Kleiman was pissed in his interview. I think frustrations with the offense and his decision to kick was on emotion. If Kleiman wanted to, Bruce up the middle or a boot leg with Stick likely scores >75% of the time.

I agree, I think he wanted to lay into the offense for making him have to kick at halftime.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Is someone keeping tabs on this new 4 game red shirt situation on a dedicated thread I can’t find?
    I've got a thread started. Need to update for today .

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    5) Nothing against Brooks but don't we have about five options that are probably a better choice for a 3rd and goal run between the tackles? I'm glad this is the only thing i could find to complain about.
    Sure looked like they gave Bruce a try and he didn’t get in
    Then gave Dunn a chance who also didn’t get in
    Then gave Brooks a chance

I don’t think this will happen in more meaningful games.

Disagree. He kicked there because that is what he does. Just like almost every other coach, way to much kicking.
    I think Coach K got nervous about just getting the win, and wanted to lock in a 17-0 lead; although there's nothing sure about a FG either. I was surprised he didn't go for the TD.

Quote Originally Posted by LongLostAlum View Post
    I think Coach K got nervous about just getting the win, and wanted to lock in a 17-0 lead; although there's nothing sure about a FG either. I was surprised he didn't go for the TD.
    NDSU beats UNA 100 times out of 100. There was never a point to be nervous about. He was sending a message

I thought the field goal was a no brainer. 3 score lead, defense playing lights out, we get the ball in the 2nd half, and if I remember correctly, not much time on the clock

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com