Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: UNA Post Game Thoughts

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: UNA Post Game Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    I can't remember the team, but we did play someone who had a 400 pounder. The UNA player was listed at 362, but that was probably before he went to Golden Corral for lunch.
    Again you are mistaken, Vet. You are thinking of one of the Jackrabbit cheerleaders, forget which year, could be any year really.

The coaches are just breaking tendencies to make it harder to game plan against later this season.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by BisManBison View Post
    We can't execute the passing plays we are calling now but we will execute the ones we're not working on now in future games against much better teams? I hope you're right. I get this game didn't call for much from the passing game but there were a number of plays that were just poorly executed, that's what is really concerning.
    Yes. We struggled with our vanilla offensive. We didnt even attempt a pass downfield that wasnt a broken play. What's concerning is the fact we seem to drop an easy pass too often

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

It's still early but Garret Wegner looks like he's restored order in the punting game after 2 years of Koonce skying 38 yard kicks. The silver lining of the inept offense was he punted 5 times today for a 44 yard average. Net was the same since UNA returned 2 punts for -2 yards total. Add that solid punting game to a lights out defense and it's going to be even harder for teams to score on the Bison this year.

I can't remember the team, but we did play someone who had a 400 pounder. The UNA player was listed at 362, but that was probably before he went to Golden Corral for lunch.
    Central State Ohio... 1986 semifinal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Is something wrong with the South video board? Are there new lights that don't turn off and on quickly for the intro?
    Don't know about the south board issue the north board had a section that was out for a little while. The light shutters are probably controlled by the computer system that got laid to rest 2 weeks ago or the new system hadn't performed as expected and they didn't want to risk another 10-15 minute delay.

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

My thoughts were the NA's D was pretty decent. Their oline kept this game firmly in ndsu's control though. Have to wonder if Mess was trying out some new vanilla stuff with the O a bit? Some of it seemed a bit odd and threw the O off a bit. Easton had trouble finding someone open and seemed like he was going into double coverage 70% of the time. Then we threw in a bunch of young players to get their feet wet so not sure we can judge this game as we would a conference blowout game even.

I'll love to see what happens next week.

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

I have no idea what anyone posted, nor do I care because I'm sure it was absolute over reactive drivel. We played a vanilla game because we fucking can. Chill the fuck out. That game was never in question.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

My humble observations:

Two calls I didn't like. First, as others have said third and goal from the one use a power back. Second, why throw a pass when it is third and one from about the 40? Run the damn ball.

How did that fumble on the punt return get recovered by the Bison when I could swear at least two UNA jumped on it?

Credit to NAU, they competed and have some very good players. I am not convinced you can build a long-term quality team with JUCO transfers. time after time.

The Bison defense is good. The had the sack machine working today. Grimsley can tackle.

#42 is fast, very fast. #5 is fast, very fast. I wish we could have seen him play more than one series.
    I heard their headcoach say on the Culhane show that with the five year transition they find it difficult to recruit against their neighbors Kennesaw St and Jacksonville St who are playoff contenders so they have had to go the JUCO route looking for good players who really just want to get on the field. He specifically said they want to build their team in the near future with high school talent when they can tell the students they will get to play in the playoffs.