Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: UNA Post Game Thoughts

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: UNA Post Game Thoughts

Maybe been addressed but wtf was with the intro?

And if the team comes out flat like that against anyone else we lose, guessine the week 2 bye is more detrimental than anything

Jabril cox is a BMF

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    Maybe been addressed but wtf was with the intro?

And if the team comes out flat like that against anyone else we lose, guessine the week 2 bye is more detrimental than anything

Jabril cox is a BMF
    IMO it was the offense that was flat, not the rest of the team.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Statistics through 2017. Yes, he is horrible.
    Game: #5, % passes completed, 91.7 (11-12); #4 passing yards per completion, 27.5 ; #5, consecutive passes completed 11; #4 TD passes 4 (tie).
    Season:#1, pass efficiency, 169.5 (2017); #2, passing TD's, 28 (2017) and #5, 19 (2016); #4, passing yards, 2,466 (2017) and #5, 2,331 (tie, 2016).
    Career: #2 passing touchdowns, 60 (tie); #3 pass attempts 699, completions, 423, yards, 5,941 and pass efficiency, 154.2; #4, average pass, 8.5, and yards per game, 148.5.
    I get cross-eyed trying to read all that stuff. Help me out please. I don’t see the only stat that matters to me, W-L. I believe that Mr. Stick is 2-0 as a starter in the 2018 campaign thus far. Am I right about that? And though it matters not I believe his career record on this vector is downright gaudy to put it bluntly. Am I correct there?

Back in the day when I used to still be a Vikings fan they had this old dude named Joe Kapp at QB. I don’t recall ever seeing a tight spiral come out of his hand during a game situation. But like this Stick fella he was a WINNER.

I know all your data there supports that Mr. Stick is pretty good Vet. Some here are arguing about style and what-ifs. At the end of the day for me if I skull my eight iron and it ricochets of a tree, skips through the green side bunker and ends up two feet from the cup I am going to see it as a pretty good miss. I’m going to view yesterday’s offensive performance in the same light. They met the competition and put together enough of an effort to notch a W. On to the Blue Hens. Hopefully Mr. Stick can wobble a few more sub-prime missiles to wide open receivers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Future looks bright
    7 true frosh played....fantastic

No real passes to the TE...obviously we went into the game more as a preseason opportunity to work and develop.
    ES....was late on a few passes, but also put some balls into tight windows.
    D Cain....still running erratic routes, better than last year tho.
    WR as a group need to step it up.
    Dallas....more confident and gets better each week.
    Rbacks LIKE THE TEnds...were not really part of the GPlan so no real chance to dominate
    3 or 4 plays to our Fullback tho so that was Kool to see...dont expect to see that until agin till maybe playoffs
    Line....tested by a solid team. Adjusted fine
    1 fumble
    Grade C
    Robbie can't tackle Grimmsly... Proof BV prognosticators suck. Kid is solid always has been.
    JC...stuuuuddddd
    D-line tested a bit and the ends overpursued.... took too long to adjust IMO nitpicking
    Grade A

Punting....much improved
    Punt return...no complaints
    Coach said we would have blocked their botched punt...I agree
    A

North Alabama.... Nice FCS addition
    They are going to be good
    respect them more now then I do the southerners...fear the beak

With that being said, those who were looking for signature Bizon drives etc...throw that shit out the window thats not what and never was going to be whT this game was about...it was about devloping other parts of our game.
    Last edited by MAKBison; 09-16-2018 at 04:46 PM.

Offense didn't look very sharp - but UNA's defense looked pretty dang good.

NDSU's defense was nasty.

This was posted last night on the UNA Pride Message Board: http://unapride.proboards.com/thread...me-3-nd?page=5

I’ve been to a lot of college football games/tailgates never have I ever been part of a better atmosphere or kinder people. UNA fans can learn a lot from Bison fans. I hope Linder will try to put the Bison on our schedule again in a few years. Thanks to the Bison nation for the kindest hospitality. They say southern hospitality ...seriously North Dakota hospitality is head a toes above. We have a lot to learn in Florence from the Bison nation...oh the game. Lots of mistakes but defense played an incredible game..and we finally put points on the board.

Bison nation come south and we’ll try our best to reciprocate.

Glad we are home next week!

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post

Jabril Cox is head and shoulders the best defensive player in the country. He is a total difference maker. If the Buchanan award went off the eye test, they'd give it to him now.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    I get cross-eyed trying to read all that stuff. Help me out please. I don’t see the only stat that matters to me, W-L. I believe that Mr. Stick is 2-0 as a starter in the 2018 campaign thus far. Am I right about that? And though it matters not I believe his career record on this vector is downright gaudy to put it bluntly. Am I correct there?
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I think you pretty much got the picture. I have many failings and one of them is not being very tolerant of stupidity. I have a lot of work to do in this area.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    2 obvious officiating mistakes that could have been reviewed.

The first TD had to be done twice even though Lance was in and came down on a defender and that UNA lineman did not catch that tip.
    You are correct on both calls.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post

Seems like a pretty spot on synopsis however if I may, you may want to bulk these analyses up slightly if you fancy a future position as a color man. Oh, and you failed to mention Special Teams. I think they deserve a mention. Let's see if I can distill like you: Bison special teams were efficient.