Thread: Hall of Fame - 2018

Default Hall of Fame - 2018

Just saw the post for the newest inductees into the NDSU Athletic Hall of Fame.

One track and field inductee - Jane (Loskot) Wick who competed in the mid-1990s.
    The post said she was an All-American, Division II - said nothing else.
    There are many factors that go into these decisions. Athletic performance is the main one, but there are other factors.

I am curious, perhaps some of you are more in the know than I am.
    What besides being two-time, three-time, four-time All-American is what it takes to make the Hall?
    There are a few track and field athletes who were multiple All-Americans that have not been inducted.

And of course, there is Paul Hatchett - who likely is not being inducted b/c of his criminal past though it seems to me he is otherwise deserving, or perhaps deserving regardless.

Default Re: Hall of Fame - 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo.Rider View Post
    Just saw the post for the newest inductees into the NDSU Athletic Hall of Fame.

One track and field inductee - Jane (Loskot) Wick who competed in the mid-1990s.
    The post said she was an All-American, Division II - said nothing else.
    There are many factors that go into these decisions. Athletic performance is the main one, but there are other factors.

I am curious, perhaps some of you are more in the know than I am.
    What besides being two-time, three-time, four-time All-American is what it takes to make the Hall?
    There are a few track and field athletes who were multiple All-Americans that have not been inducted.

And of course, there is Paul Hatchett - who likely is not being inducted b/c of his criminal past though it seems to me he is otherwise deserving, or perhaps deserving regardless.
    There is a committee and they somehow keep an eye on who is becoming eligible and who has yet to get in. But to answer your question, there is no process. I think they consider your accomplishments outside of NDSU. Jane was very worthy of induction. She graduated from high school in December and ran for us in the indoor season starting in January.

Update, I found this caption under Jane's picture in the media guide.

Jane Loskot is one of the most decorated
    North Dakota State women's track athletes
    ever earning 12 All-American honors
    during her career.
    Last edited by Castor Troy; 09-08-2018 at 05:43 AM. Reason: More
    They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time.

Default Re: Hall of Fame - 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Castor Troy View Post
    There is a committee and they somehow keep an eye on who is becoming eligible and who has yet to get in. But to answer your question, there is no process. I think they consider your accomplishments outside of NDSU. Jane was very worthy of induction. She graduated from high school in December and ran for us in the indoor season starting in January.

Update, I found this caption under Jane's picture in the media guide.

Jane Loskot is one of the most decorated
    North Dakota State women's track athletes
    ever earning 12 All-American honors
    during her career.
    At the time it was the most ever won in the history of the program bypassing Lisa Ristau.