Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison vs Bye Week

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Bison vs Bye Week

The football forum reflects a week in which the Bison have an early season opponent that would've been better off coming along later rather than sooner. I sure hope the team can maintain focus during the week in preparation for Bye this Saturday. As a fan, what are you focusing on during the Bye week?

I'm going to Duluth tomorrow, spending an entire week up there and further along up the north shore. I've been to Duluth only a few times and haven't done much other than watch a few contests of the hockies. Also going to hike a few days on the Superior Hiking Trail. Betty's Pies is on our list of things to do, anything else that you recommend I check out?

I think the Bison are able to pull this one out. Stay healthy, focused, win the rep, win the play, win the day, win the week. Dominate the Standard.

Bison - A lot
    Bye - No chance

Go Bison!
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Default Re: Bison vs Bye Week

In town, Northern Waters Smoke House and Vykre (sp??) Distillery are a good bet (apologies for the latter if you don’t drink). Park Point is also worth a stop if you walk all the way to the end and into the pines.

Up the shore, be sure and get past Two Harbors. Tetagouche state park (Baptism River) is a real gem, IMHO, as are Hwys 1 and 2 heading north.

I’ll be watching college football as a bye week distraction …

gotts is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Fitger's
    Castle Danger Brewery in Two Harbors
    Golden Rules of Bisonville:
    Being self-aware is knowing your head is firmly planted up your ass
    Never let facts get in the way of a good argument

Surefire Successful Bisonville Conversation Starters: Move to FBS, Scream Yellow, Zipper Merge, Pickleball Championships, Transfer Portal, The Rainforest, Fire Vigen Save Season, Fargodome Expansion, Toxic Locker Rooms, Marlboro Matt, Veer Offense, Whale of a Game, Rainin' Bitches, Frisco Cruiser Bus, BYU Fan Voting, Frisco is biased towards NDSU

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If you get to Grand Marais, we always enjoy browsing the Sivertson Gallery to look at the art, if you are into that kind of thing.

Also, the World's Greatest Donut shop there is misleading. Sandy's Donuts in West Fargo is MUCH better, IMHO.

BattleBorn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I plan to focus on Louisville City FC taking on our arch rival FC Cincinnati. I expect a pregame at Goodwood where there will be vast quantities of alcohol consumed by yours truly. It's either that or U of L vs ISU-b...
    Co-founder of the Bluegrass Bison crew, Kev’s bag holder.

Little Angie's Cantina has good food.

The Rathskeller is a fun place for a drink or two.

Depending on how far you go up the North Shore - North Shore Winery in Lutsen has great wine and cider. The owners are delightful people.

For a little more adventure (and a lot more driving) go to Gunflint Lodge for their zipline course (be sure to make reservations). The course has 7 zips, including one where you step off a cliff. Well worth the trip, and the Lodge has terrific food and a decent beer selection. Spend an extra hour or so hiking to High Cliffs for a beautiful view of Gunflint Lake.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonFanAnn View Post
    Little Angie's Cantina has good food.

The Rathskeller is a fun place for a drink or two.

Depending on how far you go up the North Shore - North Shore Winery in Lutsen has great wine and cider. The owners are delightful people.

For a little more adventure (and a lot more driving) go to Gunflint Lodge for their zipline course (be sure to make reservations). The course has 7 zips, including one where you step off a cliff. Well worth the trip, and the Lodge has terrific food and a decent beer selection. Spend an extra hour or so hiking to High Cliffs for a beautiful view of Gunflint Lake.
    When was the last time you were at Little Angies? It used to be awesome...but things really have gone downhill there the last few times we ate there. Maybe it has gotten better...

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

The one time I can go see UD game, they are on the road. boo.

Passed up a Ohio State ticket last week because I was in Fargo. Might try to wiggle in to the Rutgers game.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Going to see Metallica at the Tin Shed on Saturday. Using it as an excuse to be among the greatness that is UND’s football venue.

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
    Going to see Metallica at the Tin Shed on Saturday. Using it as an excuse to be among the greatness that is UND’s football venue.
    Someone just mentioned that to me today. I saw them in 1989 at the Hyslop. That might have been the loudest concert I've ever heard. It was so small in there.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯