Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison vs Bye Week

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Bison vs Bye Week

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
    Going to see Metallica at the Tin Shed on Saturday. Using it as an excuse to be among the greatness that is UND’s football venue.
    Greatness never needs an excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by 14>1 View Post
    The football forum reflects a week in which the Bison have an early season opponent that would've been better off coming along later rather than sooner. I sure hope the team can maintain focus during the week in preparation for Bye this Saturday. As a fan, what are you focusing on during the Bye week?

I'm going to Duluth tomorrow, spending an entire week up there and further along up the north shore. I've been to Duluth only a few times and haven't done much other than watch a few contests of the hockies. Also going to hike a few days on the Superior Hiking Trail. Betty's Pies is on our list of things to do, anything else that you recommend I check out?

I think the Bison are able to pull this one out. Stay healthy, focused, win the rep, win the play, win the day, win the week. Dominate the Standard.

Bison - A lot
    Bye - No chance

Go Bison!
    Quote Originally Posted by gotts View Post
    Fitger's
    Castle Danger Brewery in Two Harbors
    Bent Paddle is the best brewery in town, easily. Canal Park is a good venue if you don’t care about the quality of beer as much. Hoops is a new one with a fair amount of hype but I haven’t tried it yet.

This has been your Duluth area brewery update. Tune in next time...
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

im going to practice for next Saturday

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Awesome ideas, thanks! Not a drinker but still appreciate the recommendations. Looking for a good sports bar/restaurant to catch the Vikings game on Sunday.

I will be in Grand Marais as that will be where I'm getting on trail, ending up only a short distance away in Cascade River State Park. So maybe a quick stop at the art gallery could happen.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

The football forum reflects a week in which the Bison have an early season opponent that would've been better off coming along later rather than sooner. I sure hope the team can maintain focus during the week in preparation for Bye this Saturday. As a fan, what are you focusing on during the Bye week?

I'm going to Duluth tomorrow, spending an entire week up there and further along up the north shore. I've been to Duluth only a few times and haven't done much other than watch a few contests of the hockies. Also going to hike a few days on the Superior Hiking Trail. Betty's Pies is on our list of things to do, anything else that you recommend I check out?

I think the Bison are able to pull this one out. Stay healthy, focused, win the rep, win the play, win the day, win the week. Dominate the Standard.

Bison - A lot
    Bye - No chance

Go Bison!
    Hit all of the state parks. I also like hiking back at Caribou Falls State Wayside. Stop at Grandma's by the lift bridge. If you venture to the Iron Range, I highly recommend Soudan Underground Mine State Park
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
    Going to see Metallica at the Tin Shed on Saturday. Using it as an excuse to be among the greatness that is UND’s football venue.
    I will be there too. I saw them at the BSA in the early 90's, and Target Center in about 1999. They're getting old, but I'm not. Or something.
    The white jerseys are the best. Don't even bother to argue.

duluthbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Bent Paddle is the best brewery in town, easily. Canal Park is a good venue if you don’t care about the quality of beer as much. Hoops is a new one with a fair amount of hype but I haven’t tried it yet.

This has been your Duluth area brewery update. Tune in next time...
    I feel I should chime in as I live in Duluth lol

Hoops is really good - its just a huge german style beer hall with no kitchen. LOTS of beer choices
    310 Pub across the street is also great. Lots of 'yard games' and such inside on artificial turf plus a good menu and beer selection
    North Dakota State Bison | 16 Time National Champions:
    1965, 1968, 1969, 1983, 1985, 1986, 1988, 1990, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019

Proud NDSU Alumnus | Class of 2011

duluthbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Awesome ideas, thanks! Not a drinker but still appreciate the recommendations. Looking for a good sports bar/restaurant to catch the Vikings game on Sunday.

I will be in Grand Marais as that will be where I'm getting on trail, ending up only a short distance away in Cascade River State Park. So maybe a quick stop at the art gallery could happen.
    The Sports Garden is by far the best place to watch a Vikings game in duluth. There will be a few hundred people there, the game is the only thing on all the tvs and projector screen. It's the official KQ95 party spot and they usually give out prizes and tickets to upcoming games. Lots of food/drink specials.
    North Dakota State Bison | 16 Time National Champions:
    1965, 1968, 1969, 1983, 1985, 1986, 1988, 1990, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019

Proud NDSU Alumnus | Class of 2011

I will be in Grand Marais as that will be where I'm getting on trail, ending up only a short distance away in Cascade River State Park.
    If you're up in GM check out the Wunderbar (https://www.facebook.com/wunderbarmn/) just for the Bison swag on the wall by the bar. Food is decent too ...

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    When was the last time you were at Little Angies? It used to be awesome...but things really have gone downhill there the last few times we ate there. Maybe it has gotten better...
    With all do respect to TAB, he did not live there. Little Angies was always horrible and only naive tourists go there (which I told him numerous times, but he is stubborn like me); I think he somehow hit the right day! Must dos:

1. If in Duluth, hike Chester Bowl trial. No, you won't find it on any tourism sites as Duluth people are funny; they don't tell you the best stuff. Find Chester Bowl on a map; get there, and the trial starts under the bridge. It is awesome.
    2. Getting late in the year, but go walk the sand beach in Duluth. No, you won't find it on any tourism sites as Duluth people are funny; they don't tell you the best stuff. Head over the lift bridge and drive as far as you can on park point to the very end. (small airport there). Then, hike over the dunes to the beach and enjoy a great walk. (can swim in August)
    3. Sven and Oles pizza in Grand Marais is fantastic. And get the bumper sticker.
    4. Further up the shore, the Devil's Kettle on the superior hiking trial is a must see.
    5. And if you go that far, go all the way to the border and check out pigeon falls; if memories serves, biggest in all of Minnesota. Phenominal.

Best places to eat in Duluth that are still there since I left:

1. Pickwick; fantastic steaks cooked on charcoal. Price is not nuts.
    2. There is a good BBQ place in west duluth; perfect of lunch. (actually new since I left so don't know the name)
    3. Bellesios on Park Point. Great authentic Italian.
    4. The original Grandma's by the lift bridge. Get the Wild Cajun Chicken with the wild rice; f'ing awesome stuff. Chicken wild rice soup is also a specialty.

Trumpster lives there, so hope he chimes in.