Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bison vs Bye Week

duluthbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Bison vs Bye Week

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    With all do respect to TAB, he did not live there. Little Angies was always horrible and only naive tourists go there (which I told him numerous times, but he is stubborn like me); I think he somehow hit the right day! Must dos:

1. If in Duluth, hike Chester Bowl trial. No, you won't find it on any tourism sites as Duluth people are funny; they don't tell you the best stuff. Find Chester Bowl on a map; get there, and the trial starts under the bridge. It is awesome.
    2. Getting late in the year, but go walk the sand beach in Duluth. No, you won't find it on any tourism sites as Duluth people are funny; they don't tell you the best stuff. Head over the lift bridge and drive as far as you can on park point to the very end. (small airport there). Then, hike over the dunes to the beach and enjoy a great walk. (can swim in August)
    3. Sven and Oles pizza in Grand Marais is fantastic. And get the bumper sticker.
    4. Further up the shore, the Devil's Kettle on the superior hiking trial is a must see.
    5. And if you go that far, go all the way to the border and check out pigeon falls; if memories serves, biggest in all of Minnesota. Phenominal.

Best places to eat in Duluth that are still there since I left:

1. Pickwick; fantastic steaks cooked on charcoal. Price is not nuts.
    2. There is a good BBQ place in west duluth; perfect of lunch. (actually new since I left so don't know the name)
    3. Bellesios on Park Point. Great authentic Italian.
    4. The original Grandma's by the lift bridge. Get the Wild Cajun Chicken with the wild rice; f'ing awesome stuff. Chicken wild rice soup is also a specialty.

Trumpster lives there, so hope he chimes in.
    The good BBQ place is in Lincoln Park and is called OMC Smoke House - VERY GOOD
    There is also a NY Style Deli that is open across the street. Haven't made it there but have heard lots of good things. Its called Corktown Deli and Brews
    North Dakota State Bison | 16 Time National Champions:
    1965, 1968, 1969, 1983, 1985, 1986, 1988, 1990, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019

Proud NDSU Alumnus | Class of 2011

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
    Going to see Metallica at the Tin Shed on Saturday. Using it as an excuse to be among the greatness that is UND’s football venue.
    Please take the appropriate precautions
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by duluthbison View Post
    The good BBQ place is in Lincoln Park and is called OMC Smoke House - VERY GOOD
    That's it, bingo.

Glensheen Mansion in Duluth if you like history......
    And some murder intrigue. Perhaps do a little homework on it, or not.
    Very impressive early 1900’s construction.

If you have not ridden Alpine Sleds before, they were fun - Lutsen Mt.
    We bought on to using the gondola ride as well - can hike the Mt area.
    Nice view of the Lake from the far Mt - was a lodge there but did not try the food.

Sunrise breakfast in East Duluth at a Perkins (?)
    with a lake view.
    Knew we were not in NoDak anymore......

17>1 is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Thanks everyone for the great suggestions!!
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Quote Originally Posted by 14>1 View Post
    Late to the discussion but some other suggestions - Gooseberry Falls Park, Split Rock Lighthouse, and the Duluth Grill (awesome diner).
    The white jerseys are the best. Don't even bother to argue.

Okay, back to the game. Since we never have a problem with "bye", I'd just like to make it through the next 9 days without any injuries.
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

DakotaOkie is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bri-dog View Post
    Okay, back to the game. Since we never have a problem with "bye", I'd just like to make it through the next 9 days without any injuries.
    Well, be careful crossing the street, stay away from ladders, and climb no trees. I think you will be ok. But, still, be careful.
    With any luck the team will make it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by 14>1 View Post
    Pickwick is great.
    The sand beach is cool
    They have a Sammies pizza there. Two of them.
    Ive heard Shortys over in Superior is good.http://www.shortyssuperior.com/
    The north shore is a good drive.
    Oles pizza is good
    There is a Coney Island hotdog place downtown.
    Duluth Pack And Duluth Trading are a fun look.
    Drive around the harbor
    The Museum on Canal Park
    Take the ship tour of the Irwin or the old humpback oiler.
    Grandmas and Angies??? Stay away. And any other restaurant associated with that chain.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

I second northern waters smokehaus(kind of hard to find in the building its in) and I also liked gannuccis Italian. Basic Italian favorites but my spaghetti and meatballs were great.

The movie theater by the DECC serves booze so if you want to drink and catch a flick...theres that to do.

I'd like get up to duluth one of these years again. And when it isn't February