Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Freshman 4 - 2018 Edition

Default Re: The Freshman 4 - 2018 Edition

In rewatching the beginning of the UNI game, tv guys mentioned that true freshman Saybein Clark was the 4th running back on the trip for the Bison, with Ty Brooks not traveling. LB Mark Stumpf also traveled with the team as did QB Trey Lance.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    In rewatching the beginning of the UNI game, tv guys mentioned that true freshman Saybein Clark was the 4th running back on the trip for the Bison, with Ty Brooks not traveling. LB Mark Stumpf also traveled with the team as did QB Trey Lance.
    Lance definitely appears to be on the Stick development path. Clark keeps looking like he'll be a big part of RB rotation next year, and Stumpf could be the next PWO diamond in the rough. Sounds like he has the potential to be athletically better than MJ, hopefully he has the same hard hitting mentality.

Kaczor, Sproles and Talbert we're the only freshmen who played at WIU, I believe. Didn't see Dimitri play. Anyone else?
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    Kaczor, Sproles and Talbert we're the only freshmen who played at WIU, I believe. Didn't see Dimitri play. Anyone else?
    Your numbers look right. I've updated the OP.

Didn't see Williams. Interesting if we'll see him against the Redbirds or if he's on the shelf until playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Your numbers look right. I've updated the OP.

Didn't see Williams. Interesting if we'll see him against the Redbirds or if he's on the shelf until playoffs.
    How long does a hamstring take to heal---as in it will be interesting to see if Clark plays.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

I heard that Seth Wilson & Demaris Purifoy redshirt this year if other players healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by jcdcubs View Post
    I heard that Seth Wilson & Demaris Purifoy redshirt this year if other players healthy.
    2015 was Purifoy's redshirt year.
    https://gobison.com/roster.aspx?rp_i...&path=football
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

How about Logan McCormick? I only remember him getting in 2 games. Maybe I'm wrong but wouldn't doubt he could possibly be only playing in 4 games this year as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Catman View Post
    How about Logan McCormick? I only remember him getting in 2 games. Maybe I'm wrong but wouldn't doubt he could possibly be only playing in 4 games this year as well.
    Great question. I imagine they want to get Logan more snaps since we graduate 3 "starting" DEs this year but he did play in 13 games last year so maybe they are comfortable with his experience last year and 4 this year and want to redshirt him to get him on the same year as Waege as sophomores. Don't get me wrong, if he was threatening the 2 deep talent and is healthy he would be getting snaps. Don't think our coaches would be against a 3 deep on both D End positions if productive. I would love it if it happened and it was because our current depth is so strong and not that he isn't showing enough promise.
    Rixen

Quote Originally Posted by Catman View Post
    Added McCormick. He has only played against Cal Poly and North Alabama. Since he didn't redshirt his freshman year it's possible they might this year, so definitely worth tracking.

Excellent catch by the way. Don't think I've heard any of the coaches openly discussing this.