Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Freshman 4 - 2018 Edition

Default Re: The Freshman 4 - 2018 Edition

I don't know. I thought the NDSU strategy was "don't trade their worst year of football for their best year of football". It seems like that's been working very well. The year I can remember when they burned some redshirts that were mostly wasted was Bohl's last year.

Just sayin.

You'd think allowing four games would mean they would need to burn LESS redshirts because they have more options when there is a rash of injuries in one area.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    I don't know. I thought the NDSU strategy was "don't trade their worst year of football for their best year of football". It seems like that's been working very well. The year I can remember when they burned some redshirts that were mostly wasted was Bohl's last year.

Just sayin.

You'd think allowing four games would mean they would need to burn LESS redshirts because they have more options when there is a rash of injuries in one area.
    Haven't you heard Coach K is leaving?
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

I think Sproles (lack of WR talent) and Talbert (Davis ACL and then Allison scare) both made a lot of sense.

Kaczor surprised me since I thought we were going to be 5 deep with Robbie, James, Tutsie, Weber, with an emergency Wimbush. Perhaps Weber isn't ready this year and Klieman has made it known that Wimbush at the nickle is the straw that stirs the drink for our preferred defense so maybe he was very reluctant to move him to safety again. Coach K praised him from the beginning so I can get on board.

Jasir having his shirt pulled is the most concerning in my opinion. I know Merc went down but I really think our LB depth must be struggling. Jaxon is a phenomenal special teams player but is he so good that he is our best option at two slots but rarely sees the field? I guess looking closer at the roster our LB depth is quite young. Only one healthy junior and 2 sophomores (Pauly and Kennelly) but one is our new LS. Ok so we are really young and the depth has time to develop but just seems odd to me that one of those young LBs can't be a serviceable special teamer for the remainder of the season to maintain Cox's redshirt.

Take my random train of thought with a grain of salt.
    Rixen

3 redshirts are being "unburned" with McCormick, Williams, and Wison, so that will offset some.

Were these numbers updated after the Southern Illinois game? Or are these the final regular season totals?

I'm guessing that a few of them played in the blowout. I know that Saybein Clark did -- anybody else?

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Zach Mathis played.

The first post has not been updated, Clark has 4 games under his belt at this point.

Missouri State:

Phoenix Sproles
    Seth Wilson
    James Kaczor
    Saybein Clark
    Destin Talbert
    Jasir Cox

Southern Illinois:

Phoenix Sproles
    Zach Mathis
    James Kaczor
    Saybein Clark
    Destin Talbert
    Jasir Cox
    Tony Pierce Jr.

Sorry for the delay.

Should be up to date and correct for the regular season. Ran through all the freshman and other players of interest and verified their game totally, so everything should match in the info on GoBison.com now.