Page 89 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast

Thread: Indoor Practice Facility

Default Re: Indoor Practice Facility

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I can't think of anything more depressing than being injured and having to go into a windowless basement room to sit in a hot tub. Call me crazy, but I think all rehab rooms should have a ton of natural light.
    As a resident as of building constructed before electrification, I concur. Natural light makes just about everything better.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Hell yeah exciting to see this go vertical
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    That's a interesting thought. Though I've been in a couple college training rooms and none had windows. Lol most were in the basement/interior of buildings
    Yeah, most rehab rooms are depressing to every sense. It seems counter-productive. In fact, that's a big thing I don't like about NDSU's FargoDome offices - maybe they can get some lighting to imitate natural light.

I've thought about this ever since we lived in Amsterdam and my wife told me it was illegal to not have natural light in the workplace (that could be a miscommunication due to a translation of "illegal"), but everywhere in the Netherlands has a ton of natural light - I mean, they really don't like curtains on windows, for example.

I couldn't find anything to confirm or deny that there are regulations about "workplace light" but did find this: How a lack of light in the Netherlands affects your health – DutchReview

Yeah, most rehab rooms are depressing to every sense. It seems counter-productive. In fact, that's a big thing I don't like about NDSU's FargoDome offices - maybe they can get some lighting to imitate natural light.

I've thought about this ever since we lived in Amsterdam and my wife told me it was illegal to not have natural light in the workplace (that could be a miscommunication due to a translation of "illegal"), but everywhere in the Netherlands has a ton of natural light - I mean, they really don't like curtains on windows, for example.

I couldn't find anything to confirm or deny that there are regulations about "workplace light" but did find this: How a lack of light in the Netherlands affects your health – DutchReview
    First winter back from the equator in 4 years… that shit is real! And the Netherlands is a lot farther north than MSP.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    First winter back from the equator in 4 years… that shit is real! And the Netherlands is a lot farther north than MSP.
    Was going to make a joke about how 4 months out of the year you probably don't want to be reminded about what's outside...

Joking aside, I concur completely.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    That's a interesting thought. Though I've been in a couple college training rooms and none had windows. Lol most were in the basement/interior of buildings
    The equipment, weights, tanks are conducive to ground level installations. 2nd Level would likely require considerable added reinforcement. I assumed from the pictures of the Facility, the office space on the west side would be 2 or 3 levels, with training space on the ground level somewhere. But that's just a guess.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Was going to make a joke about how 4 months out of the year you probably don't want to be reminded about what's outside...

Joking aside, I concur completely.
    Thread drift alert.

I live in a part of the world where seasonal sadness due to reliable gloominess for 4 months straight is very real. It is stunning how dim and gross it can be on our worst days. I see some people really struggle with it. From growing up in ND, I always thought about winter differently. We had big windows in the farmhouse and just wispy shear draperies. Even in the dead of winter, ND is actually a very sunny place. Sure you might fucking die if you go outside into the cold but I remember it always being sunny and cheerful anyway.
    Insert something clever here...

I can't think of anything more depressing than being injured and having to go into a windowless basement room to sit in a hot tub. Call me crazy, but I think all rehab rooms should have a ton of natural light.
    The rehab rooms are on the interior of the SHAC and have no windows. Maybe an extra level makes sense. But WHEN the need extra space in the future, I bet they don't make it load bearing. Smart engineering and foresight... like the Fargodome who can't do anything on the east side because the lobby addition is not load bearing

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Gabe, the more I read your posts about buildings, the less I think you understand how they work at all.
    Insert something clever here...

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    The rehab rooms are on the interior of the SHAC.
    That seems like a good place to have them. Probably pretty cold on the exterior.
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns