Page 88 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast

Thread: Indoor Practice Facility

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Indoor Practice Facility

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Steel construction starting today.
    Does that mean no basement?

DORMIE is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

No matter how this building turns out, some will be unhappy.
    If it looks like a tin shed, they'll complain that it isn't nice enough
    for an Architecture school. If it's all brick, they'll say they spent too much on the outside.
    Botton line, all that matters is what's on the inside. It's not a football only building.

Quote Originally Posted by DORMIE View Post
    for an Architecture school. If it's all brick, they'll say they spent too much on the outside.
    Botton line, all that matters is what's on the inside. It's not a football only building.
    As long as the seating fully deploys it’s going to be all good.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by DORMIE View Post
    Yep and to build the ultimate long term facility, we need space. What if we want a football only rehabilitation area with a hot tub, cold tub or underwater tread mill? What If they want another fueling station so they don't have to walk to the SHAC? What if they want to add amenities like a barber shop? (all the Mountain West schools have them) Or maybe a player lounge? What if they want coaching offices there? Or another equipment or laundry room?

What are they gonna build a new structure when they could easily add a basement. I'm not a construction expert, but to add a basement to a slab on grade, it's an expensive project that requires jacking the building up and removing the foundation. Seems kind of dumb and short sighted to not do it now. Unless they want another 30 million dollar campaign in 5 years. I suppose they could build UP and put a 2nd level on it

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Yep and to build the ultimate long term facility, we need space. What if we want a football only rehabilitation area with a hot tub, cold tub or underwater tread mill? What If they want another fueling station so they don't have to walk to the SHAC? What if they want to add amenities like a barber shop? (all the Mountain West schools have them) Or maybe a player lounge? What if they want coaching offices there? Or another equipment or laundry room?

What are they gonna build a new structure when they could easily add a basement. I'm not a construction expert, but to add a basement to a slab on grade, it's an expensive project that requires jacking the building up and removing the foundation. Seems kind of dumb and short sighted to not do it now. Unless they want another 30 million dollar campaign in 5 years
    shhhhhh, we’re putting a bunker of our very own down there from which to plot the glorious resurrection of the NCC and usher in a thousand year reich.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    shhhhhh, we’re putting a bunker of our very own down there from which to plot the glorious resurrection of the NCC and usher in a thousand year reich.
    you actually made me laugh out loud

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post

What are they gonna build a new structure when they could easily add a basement. I'm not a construction expert, but to add a basement to a slab on grade, it's an expensive project that requires jacking the building up and removing the foundation. Seems kind of dumb and short sighted to not do it now. Unless they want another 30 million dollar campaign in 5 years. I suppose they could build UP and put a 2nd level on it
    ANNNNNNND There it is...
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by BISONBRI53 View Post
    ANNNNNNND There it is...
    I can't think of anything more depressing than being injured and having to go into a windowless basement room to sit in a hot tub. Call me crazy, but I think all rehab rooms should have a ton of natural light.

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I can't think of anything more depressing than being injured and having to go into a windowless basement room to sit in a hot tub. Call me crazy, but I think all rehab rooms should have a ton of natural light.
    That's a interesting thought. Though I've been in a couple college training rooms and none had windows. Lol most were in the basement/interior of buildings