Page 68 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast

Thread: Indoor Practice Facility

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Indoor Practice Facility

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    There new facility looks a LOT like the renderings of the new NDSU IPF.
    But it's about the size of the Fargodome! There is no comparison between what they built and what anyone else has built. The scale probably isn't coming across in the photos. This is one I took during construction. The large crane in the foreground gives you an idea of scale. The scaffold on the left is probably about 8 feet or the height of the door.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

SafeTeeJ is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    There it is. Sell beer and for each bought, you get VIP positioning to watch Chapo slap on the concourse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I thought the Let’s Go Bison chant was started by that old Bison booster that owned the beef plant in town???

I can still hear it today...
    "The bird is in your hand"

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    But it's about the size of the Fargodome! There is no comparison between what they built and what anyone else has built. The scale probably isn't coming across in the photos. This is one I took during construction. The large crane in the foreground gives you an idea of scale. The scaffold on the left is probably about 8 feet or the height of the door.

From the outside it's definitely something you would expect to see at Notre Dame with unlimited money. What's crazy is their fans are kind of meh on it.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    From the outside it's definitely something you would expect to see at Notre Dame with unlimited money. What's crazy is their fans are kind of meh on it.
    I don't like the glass panels on the front.
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    There lax teams will rejoice. They can play inside with fans when it is too cold outside.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'm pretty good with scale, and this doesn't look particularly huge compared to the NDSU IPF. Theirs was $50m vs $37m for NDSU. Its going to be a huge building.
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    He's killing it in the stock markets.
    Dogecoin.

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    I'm pretty good with scale, and this doesn't look particularly huge compared to the NDSU IPF. Theirs was $50m vs $37m for NDSU. Its going to be a huge building.
    The indoor photos look strikingly similar to NDSU's and I get that most IPF will look similar because of their purpose but it seems to me looking at the pics of the inside of NDs the size of field, roof height, etc are very similar.

Also of course they had to make it look like a church, how much do you think having it be entirely brick upped the cost?

I think a lot of people will be surprised at the size of NDSU's IPF once it's built.

ND's 111,400 sq ft
    NDSU's 117,000 sq ft

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    The indoor photos look strikingly similar to NDSU's and I get that most IPF will look similar because of their purpose but it seems to me looking at the pics of the inside of NDs the size of field, roof height, etc are very similar.

Also of course they had to make it look like a church, how much do you think having it be entirely brick upped the cost?

I think a lot of people will be surprised at the size of NDSU's IPF once it's built.

ND's 111,400 sq ft
    NDSU's 117,000 sq ft
    If you ever go to their campus you see why the brick is necessary
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    If you ever go to their campus you see why the brick is necessary
    Oh I get it but I wonder how much that accounted for some for the $50m price tag? Yeah, and I still hate the style. Reminds my of the church/penitentiary/castle Sanford built in SW Fargo.