Page 64 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast

Thread: Indoor Practice Facility

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Indoor Practice Facility

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    Seems pretty clear that those are translucent white panels all along the top and most of the N&S ends. They'll let in tons of light but no direct glare from the sun.
    That’s what I was going to say.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    I just want to this to be done! Sorry, not trying to drift thread but is there anything else that we need for facilities? Don’t you tell me we need to start spending a pile of money on the SHAC. That can wait till it’s filled regularly. There is one big project that I can think of myself but would probably cost around $300k or so. Maybe that will be the next announcement
    $300k? That's not a very big project, should have been done by now.

Or did you mean $300M? If so I agree!

Seems pretty clear that those are translucent white panels all along the top and most of the N&S ends. They'll let in tons of light but no direct glare from the sun.
    From the exterior pictures I see them hidden on the east side (behind that overhang) but the south from the inside shows them going all the way to the ceiling bit the exterior pictures shows just regular panels with a few ground level. Maybe just a bad picture

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    From the exterior pictures I see them hidden on the east side but the south from the inside shows them going all the way to the ceiling bit the exterior pictures shows just regular panels with a few ground level
    I honestly have no idea what you're trying to say. I think you may have your orientations messed up a bit.

From your first picture post, the orientations are:
    1. Exterior east wall
    2. Interior looking east
    3. Exterior looking east
    4. Interior looking west

Second picture post:
    5. Interior looking south
    6. Exterior north wall
    7. Exterior east wall (same as 1)

I think you may be confused that #5 and #6 are looking at the same wall; they're not.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    SHAC either needs to be gutted and the pillars torn out to create true bowl seating or a new facility needs to be built.

Anyways, awesome day for NDSU athletics. Congrats to all involved.
    Not sure that a complete gutting would ever happen but I still think they should have gotten rid of the risers that are still there and make it a true bowl. Don't think those columns are going anywhere until the shac is completely demoed. They could be negated some by putting in a true bowl seating but they'd probably lose more seating.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

I honestly have no idea what you're trying to say. I think you may have your orientations messed up a bit.

From your first picture post, the orientations are:
    1. Exterior east wall
    2. Interior looking east
    3. Exterior looking east
    4. Interior looking west

Second picture post:
    5. Interior looking south
    6. Exterior north wall
    7. Exterior east wall (same as 1)

I think you may be confused that #5 and #6 are looking at the same wall; they're not.
    This picture here shows windows on both the North and south ends

But this pic doesn't show windows in the same spots

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

will it be nicer than a Quonset in Enderlin?
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Those white panels are translucent is my guess and not see thru glass.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Those white panels are translucent is my guess and not see thru glass.

But do they look non translucent on the outside? Or is it just hard to illustrate on a drawing?

Probably. https://extechinc.com/lightwall-3440...e-wall-panels/