Page 57 of 112 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107 ... LastLast

Thread: Indoor Practice Facility

Default Re: Indoor Practice Facility

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Land south of 52nd is mostly overland flooding. The diversion won't fix that. However the man-made lake will solve a big chunk of it. That's why we see so many ponds in that area
    The diversion will certainly protect land south of 52nd Ave. Anything north of the diversion "dam" will be protected.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Land south of 52nd is mostly overland flooding. The diversion won't fix that. However the man-made lake will solve a big chunk of it. That's why we see so many ponds in that area
    The ponds are in fact required for sediment in storm water they wil do zero for overland flooding... well except it was used to raise lots to a safe height ... just a FYI the big pond is 500000 yards of dirt... the diversion, will be 60 million cubic yards
    When you have zero idea of hat your talking about you look more intelligent saying nothing
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Its always been baffling to me how easily some people talk out their ass with conviction

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    The ponds are in fact required for sediment in storm water they wil do zero for overland flooding... well except it was used to raise lots to a safe height ... just a FYI the big pond is 500000 yards of dirt... the diversion, will be 60 million cubic yards
    When you have zero idea of hat your talking about you look more intelligent saying nothing
    The dirt from the lake is going to be used for the I-29 overpass to be built on 64th Avenue South. Poorly worded on my end but I'm just saying that area is still prone to flash floods and flooding from rapid snow melt and rain. Those open fields have become lakes in the spring with heavy snow fall or a heavy rain. The ponds do a good job managing it.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Those fields become 'lakes' because they are not actively drained. It will be no more prone to these 'flash floods' than any other part of Fargo when it is developed.

Naming rights contract signed this morning. No clue who.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Took me a few seconds of wondering "Why are they selling naming rights on the diversion???" before I realized what thread I was in.... damn thread drift.

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Took me a few seconds of wondering "Why are they selling naming rights on the diversion???" before I realized what thread I was in.... damn thread drift.
    What a rediculous thing to think!! (I thought they were naming retaining ponds...)

Maybe a track star?
    Looking forward to Summit & MVFC[SIGPIC]

I am betting on the that bank that Blackridge merged with. Not sure but I thinks it’s called First Western Bank.