Page 3 of 112 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Indoor Practice Facility

Default Re: Indoor Practice Facility

Do we know if the bubble has a lot of maintenance costs involved? Seems like even with the IPF you'd still be able to do the bubble over Dacotah Field and essentially have that for any soccer over the winter, etc.

Seems like we bought the thing, might as well use it.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Do we know if the bubble has a lot of maintenance costs involved? Seems like even with the IPF you'd still be able to do the bubble over Dacotah Field and essentially have that for any soccer over the winter, etc.

Heating costs are astronomical. And the bubble is not expected to last very long. By the time the IPF is finished it will be time to trash the bubble.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post

I was in Inver Grove Heights a few years ago and they have a bubble that's exactly the same except it's permanent.

There are definitely maintenance costs but if it's up year round, I imagine it would be cheaper than storing it and it would last longer too. I think it would be cool if they could move it by the softball field and leave it up permanently. The cost would be new astro turf and then new fittings / anchors. That would give all teams extra space in cold, wind, and rain when the big daddy IPF is being used. Plus it could be used for Lacrosse, GSMB practices, youth sports, etc. Having too much practice space is never a bad deal in a climate that is either cold and windy or hot and windy.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I was in Inver Grove Heights a few years ago and they have a bubble that's exactly the same except it's permanent.

There are definitely maintenance costs but if it's up year round, I imagine it would be cheaper than storing it and it would last longer too. I think it would be cool if they could move it by the softball field and leave it up permanently. The cost would be new astro turf and then new fittings / anchors. That would give all teams extra space in cold, wind, and rain when the big daddy IPF is being used. Plus it could be used for Lacrosse, GSMB practices, youth sports, etc. Having too much practice space is never a bad deal in a climate that is either cold and windy or hot and windy.
    It seems there is a plan already in place for an IPF down the left field side for the softball complex. As Roadwarrior said the bubble has been extremely expensive to heat from the beginning.
    Also its taken down for Soccer to outside.

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    It seems there is a plan already in place for an IPF down the left field side for the softball complex. As Roadwarrior said the bubble has been extremely expensive to heat from the beginning.
    Also its taken down for Soccer to outside.
    I wonder if the bubble would have a use if it wasnt heated? Outside of November - February, its plenty warm when you're out of the wind but you still could use the space when it rains or is windy. Between football, summer football camps, soccer, softball, lacrosse, and golf, the need for big space is always needed. Golf has an indoor short field but only the bubble or football IPF can provide space. Same with softball and fly balls. I've been in the bubble a few times and it's very impressive and useful. It's a shame it cant be re used.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Jay is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Brian Shawn | https://twitter.com/BShawnMidcoSN/status/1038081388988248065

Had a chance to chat with NDSU Athletic Director, Matt Larsen, this week... He mentioned that nearly half of the $38 million dollars for the new indoor facility on campus has been raised, and his hope by this time next year, is to have a shovel in the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I wonder if the bubble would have a use if it wasnt heated? Outside of November - February, its plenty warm when you're out of the wind but you still could use the space when it rains or is windy. Between football, summer football camps, soccer, softball, lacrosse, and golf, the need for big space is always needed. Golf has an indoor short field but only the bubble or football IPF can provide space. Same with softball and fly balls. I've been in the bubble a few times and it's very impressive and useful. It's a shame it cant be re used.
    YES, it could be used as Green House for the Agr Dept.

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    YES, it could be used as Green House for the Agr Dept.
    That's kind if funny. Maybe when weed is legal...

Weed would fund a new stadium, let alone a practice facility. GO WEED!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Brian Shawn | https://twitter.com/BShawnMidcoSN/status/1038081388988248065

Had a chance to chat with NDSU Athletic Director, Matt Larsen, this week... He mentioned that nearly half of the $38 million dollars for the new indoor facility on campus has been raised, and his hope by this time next year, is to have a shovel in the ground.
    NDSU's fundraising for football is completely on a different level compared to the rest of the athletic department. I bet we secure funding for this entire thing by Feb of 2019.