Page 2 of 112 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Indoor Practice Facility

Default Re: Indoor Practice Facility

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    That would have made too much sense

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    I understood it to be a football program only facility. Locker rooms, weight room, practice space etc.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    I think it's a weather thing. They think it would be good to have an alternate venue instead of cancelling a game due to weather.
    But who else does that for women's soccer? Does baseball need an indoor facility too? Softball?

Just seems like a ridiculous thing to bitch about.

I though I heard discussions of softball being able to use the IPF. I'd assume baseball could then as well.

I'd imagine everything the bubble is currently being used for would be replaced by the IPF.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    I though I heard discussions of softball being able to use the IPF. I'd assume baseball could then as well.

I'd imagine everything the bubble is currently being used for would be replaced by the IPF.
    Practice, sure. Games are another matter.

Not that they put it up specifically for bad weather but Soccer/baseball/softball will still have Dacotah Field and then bubble in winter obviously? Or is bubble gone once FB has their IPF? Isn't the replacement on that turf coming up soon too? With the new softball field have to imagine March dates are no longer out of the question there. Baseball will still have to utilize Newman. I haven't heard us having a lot of issues with soccer schedules, tend to load up the early part of the season in the fall don't they? But for most part they should be able to play into Nov with artificial turf?

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    Practice, sure. Games are another matter.
    For sure. Seriously doubt they'd use if for anything but practice.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Not that they put it up specifically for bad weather but Soccer/baseball/softball will still have Dacotah Field and then bubble in winter obviously? Or is bubble gone once FB has their IPF? Isn't the replacement on that turf coming up soon too? With the new softball field have to imagine March dates are no longer out of the question there. Baseball will still have to utilize Newman. I haven't heard us having a lot of issues with soccer schedules, tend to load up the early part of the season in the fall don't they? But for most part they should be able to play into Nov with artificial turf?
    Haven't heard anything about the bubble. But I wonder if it isn't closer to the end of it's lifespan then the beginning? Don't know about these things. If they install soccer-specific turf in Dacotah Field soon, then I wonder if they'd keep the bubble as long as they can. Would need to see the setup/teardown, storage, and heating costs to see if it's worth the money.

Also, it sounded like this was the breakdown for the new IPF:
    Football - primary usage by a lot
    Softball - most everything will be in the new softball IPF, football IPF only used for limited fielding practice(popups using the high ceiling)
    Baseball - same as softball
    Golf - most practice in the SHAC, occasional FB IPF usage for longer drives into a net instead of a short-range simulator
    Soccer - don't know - depends on future of bubble

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    But who else does that for women's soccer? Does baseball need an indoor facility too? Softball?

Just seems like a ridiculous thing to bitch about.
    I was trying to be nice about it, but yeah.

I'm almost sure I heard when they first announced it that it would be used for Softball and other field sports as well.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    I'm almost sure I heard when they first announced it that it would be used for Softball and other field sports as well.
    Practices yes. Games no. Softball is planning a separate 11,000 square foot indoor facility along the 3rd base line. Its for hitting and fielding but they could still use the big indoor for fly balls. The idea is to provide more space so it's not always booked like the bubble is right now. That's why they have a separate weight room so it eliminates scheduling conflicts. Same with a permanent spot for batting cages. The softball facility will be much cheaper obviously.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com