Page 101 of 112 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1120

Thread: Indoor Practice Facility

Default Re: Indoor Practice Facility

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    If you're a short, bow legged, old German/Russian like myself, there's plenty of leg room at the SHAC
    Airplane seats and the SHAC are two places where my short German legs are an advantage.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    I think that's interesting considering it is also planned to be used for women’s soccer, men’s and women’s golf, baseball, softball, and the men’s and women’s track and field programs.
    Don't you get your jollies making fun of UND supposedly making other sports feel unappreciated?
    Absolutely other programs will use it. There are batting nets that can drop down from the ceiling. Point is the functionality for FOOTBALL hasn't been sacrificed to accommodate other sports who WILL use it. Track has their own indoor facility so there isn't a need for a track that clips off the corners of the endzones (as just some random example).

This has been built with Football functionality in mind first because that is it's primary purpose and it's name reflects that. A luxury of already having facilities in place for other sports. Something other programs didn't have and needed to make a catch all that ended up sacrificing some elements needed for a dedicated football facility.

Is that clear to you know? Nowhere did I say other sports wouldn't use the building, just that it was specifically built with football needs in mind.

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan View Post
    Men's and women's T&F have their own building. They might use the weight room. In the off season I hope they use it. Softball will be getting their own building next.
    Just going off of what NDSU's own press release stated.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Absolutely other programs will use it. There are batting nets that can drop down from the ceiling. Point is the functionality for FOOTBALL hasn't been sacrificed to accommodate other sports who WILL use it. Track has their own indoor facility so there isn't a need for a track that clips off the corners of the endzones (as just some random example).

This has been built with Football functionality in mind first because that is it's primary purpose and it's name reflects that. A luxury of already having facilities in place for other sports. Something other programs didn't have and needed to make a catch all that ended up sacrificing some elements needed for a dedicated football facility.

Is that clear to you know? Nowhere did I say other sports wouldn't use the building, just that it was specifically built with football needs in mind.
    Remember softball is getting an indoor hitting facility that will be located along the 3rd base line

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    Just going off of what NDSU's own press release stated.
    And apparently not what my post stated. Purpose built for football doesn't mean exclusive. Just doesn't... Cut and corners ... For it's football functionality... Get it?

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Remember softball is getting an indoor hitting facility that will be located along the 3rd base line
    NDSU is killing it facility wise. Basketball needs better arena seating, and dome concourse needs a refresh. Substantially increased seating capacity likely isn't in the cards and I question how much it's really needed.

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    NDSU is killing it facility wise. Basketball needs better arena seating, and dome concourse needs a refresh. Substantially increased seating capacity likely isn't in the cards and I question how much it's really needed.
    The dome sitting 21,000 looks alot better to FBS conferences than 18,700
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    This....In a perfect world we get the FFD's seating up to 25,000 and get a new basketball arena built adjacent to it like the plans floated a decade ago. And since we are dreaming, baseball and softball desperately need their own IPF. A lot of Northern schools have them and it makes a huge difference. Here is Wichita State's and Nebraska's.

https://goshockers.com/sports/2015/5..._Facility.aspx

https://huskers.com/facilities/alex-...ing-complex/27

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    G5 likes having empty space in their stadiums then apparently.

Looks like they're re-seeding the Rugby field, too...took it down to dirt and starting from scratch....