Page 104 of 112 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1120

Thread: Indoor Practice Facility

Default Re: Indoor Practice Facility

Name was going up on the west side yesterday...

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    McFeely with this butte of a pic this morning
    https://twitter.com/McFeely_Inforum/...JdKMRgrmAy2O_A
    Sorry, but the obsessive grammar spirit in me keeps coming out:

Butte: an isolated hill with steep sides and a flat top

Beaut: a particularly fine example of something

Quote Originally Posted by cbline View Post
    Sorry, but the obsessive grammar spirit in me keeps coming out:

Butte: an isolated hill with steep sides and a flat top

Beaut: a particularly fine example of something
    lol I kid you not, as I wrote that I wondered "is this how its actually spelled? I've never written this before... I'm sure no one will care"

But I was in Fargo on saturday dropping off someone at the airport and drove by the IPF. My impressions:

1. Its big, not as big as I thought it would be based off of Dom and ML and Kolpack's reviews, but it was absolutely a large building
    2. Looked GREAT. I was worried it would look 'too' contemporary, and maybe in 10 years I'll change my mind, but I thought it looked very very impressive.
    3. The Nodak signage on the west side looked excellent as well, super sharp.
    4. I snuck INSIDE it- the gate nearest the SHAC parking lot has a fence blocking the door but there is a large gap in it for anyone who is a daredevil. Ultimate the inside was uninspiring because its still just an empty building
    5. The normal turf field on the outside was stunning to me. For whatever reason I just felt the colors were so rich on the turf. I felt Like I was looking at it in HD for the first time or something. Is the turf in the dome just faded or is it the lights that dont make it pop as much? That outdoor turf looked like a fricken dessert to my eyes. So fresh and virbrant.

Overall: Super impressed with the curb appeal of the place already. Of course its only going to get better as its finished but I think it is going to accomplished exactly what it was designed to do- give NDSU a place to practice- and dazzle the shit out of the recruits.

I give ML alot of shit, but I will give him this. The IPF wasnt his idea, but he ABSOLUTELY could have cut many corners on this place and no one would have batted an eye. The place is a stunner. Good work to all involved and props to ML for not settling on an 'acceptable' design and going for the grand slam here. I'm eating a hefty slice of humble pie as write this.
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Wouldn't recommend sneaking into an active construction site! There are safety protocols in place for a reason. Construction is inherently dangerous the way it is, having an unknown visitor roaming the site can be dangerous not only to said visitor but to the workers that may be on site. There is a reason for that large warning sign they put up.

Trust me I know all about the curiosity factor but have been on many active sites the last thing they need is some rube gawking around even if it is a no work Saturday/Sunday. Most have cameras nowadays and most contractors are willing to prosecute due to hazards this can create.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    lol I kid you not, as I wrote that I wondered "is this how its actually spelled? I've never written this before... I'm sure no one will care"

But I was in Fargo on saturday dropping off someone at the airport and drove by the IPF. My impressions:

1. Its big, not as big as I thought it would be based off of Dom and ML and Kolpack's reviews, but it was absolutely a large building
    2. Looked GREAT. I was worried it would look 'too' contemporary, and maybe in 10 years I'll change my mind, but I thought it looked very very impressive.
    3. The Nodak signage on the west side looked excellent as well, super sharp.
    4. I snuck INSIDE it- the gate nearest the SHAC parking lot has a fence blocking the door but there is a large gap in it for anyone who is a daredevil. Ultimate the inside was uninspiring because its still just an empty building
    5. The normal turf field on the outside was stunning to me. For whatever reason I just felt the colors were so rich on the turf. I felt Like I was looking at it in HD for the first time or something. Is the turf in the dome just faded or is it the lights that dont make it pop as much? That outdoor turf looked like a fricken dessert to my eyes. So fresh and virbrant.

Overall: Super impressed with the curb appeal of the place already. Of course its only going to get better as its finished but I think it is going to accomplished exactly what it was designed to do- give NDSU a place to practice- and dazzle the shit out of the recruits.

I give ML alot of shit, but I will give him this. The IPF wasnt his idea, but he ABSOLUTELY could have cut many corners on this place and no one would have batted an eye. The place is a stunner. Good work to all involved and props to ML for not settling on an 'acceptable' design and going for the grand slam here. I'm eating a hefty slice of humble pie as write this.
    Keep in mind they are adding another 45,000 sq ft multi story structure to the NW corner

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Wouldn't recommend sneaking into an active construction site! There are safety protocols in place for a reason. Construction is inherently dangerous the way it is, having an unknown visitor roaming the site can be dangerous not only to said visitor but to the workers that may be on site. There is a reason for that large warning sign they put up.

Trust me I know all about the curiosity factor but have been on many active sites the last thing they need is some rube gawking around even if it is a no work Saturday/Sunday. Most have cameras nowadays and most contractors are willing to prosecute due to hazards this can create.

Thank god you're here to help set us all straight!!!

Just the other day, I was doing a tour of a built project with a client so that we could look at the application of a particular building material and see if we like it for a different project that we're designing. Because it was an occupied project (not a construction site) and because it was 98 degrees out, the client showed up wearing a linen shirt, sunglasses, shorts, and flip flops. He was very comfortable. At the close of the tour, the contractor asked us if we wanted to see their construction project down the street. Of course, we said yes. I can't get enough of being on construction sites and neither can the client. Anyway, as we get down the street and were about to walk onto the site (going vertical with concrete columns to what will be the concrete podium), I asked my client if his flip flops had steel toes. He told me to hush.
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Thank god you're here to help set us all straight!!!

Just the other day, I was doing a tour of a built project with a client so that we could look at the application of a particular building material and see if we like it for a different project that we're designing. Because it was an occupied project (not a construction site) and because it was 98 degrees out, the client showed up wearing a linen shirt, sunglasses, shorts, and flip flops. He was very comfortable. At the close of the tour, the contractor asked us if we wanted to see their construction project down the street. Of course, we said yes. I can't get enough of being on construction sites and neither can the client. Anyway, as we get down the street and were about to walk onto the site (going vertical with concrete columns to what will be the concrete podium), I asked my client if his flip flops had steel toes. He told me to hush.
    Cool story bro!

https://c.tenor.com/t6fNHH88Q3UAAAAM...who-dr-who.gif

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Cool story bro!

https://c.tenor.com/t6fNHH88Q3UAAAAM...who-dr-who.gif

Still think it's funny that you felt it necessary to get all OSHA on a fellow BV'er when he was just shooting the shit about getting in to see the building.

Funny weird, not funny haha.
    Insert something clever here...

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Still think it's funny that you felt it necessary to get all OSHA on a fellow BV'er when he was just shooting the shit about getting in to see the building.

Safety first.

What about when Liz Cheney starts posting here? Do you find that funny? I blocked her.

Lardsin must go!

Yeah because it's funny that he "dared" others to do it if they wished... You like random people encroaching on your projects you're overseeing without your clients knowledge?