Page 1 of 112 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Indoor Practice Facility

Default Indoor Practice Facility

On the NDSU Football Show, they had Matt Larsen and a segment on the future IPF (~17:00).

Synopsis: It has a 70' ceiling, dimensions are 60 x 120 yards, and the price tag is $37.2 million. The Legislature still needs to approve the project. If that goes through, the earliest start date is this time next year.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see that raising money for a new building is easier than raising money to refurbish an old one.

Default Re: Indoor Practice Facility

Can it be used for soccer games?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

A drive south along University is going to be very impressive for Bison athletics.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    A drive south along University is going to be very impressive for Bison athletics.
    Eventually the NDSU Development folks will convert everything down University (that's rental houses) to the gas station to NDSU stuff. They own a majority of the houses down University including the houses that will be across from the Indoor Practice Facility. Plus the Catholic church across the street from the gas station has plans to do some impressive things. http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...Center-project

It's going to clearly define the border of the campus and a trip down University will look big time

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Also curious if soccer games can be played in it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by skolbizun View Post

No seating for spectators. The field should be technically large enough for soccer, but will it have lines? Don't know. None of the renderings show soccer lines, but that doesn't mean they won't be added.

https://spark.adobe.com/page/lssl2Kbdld4hA/

Quote Originally Posted by skolbizun View Post

That would have made too much sense

When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    That would have made too much sense

I understand where you guys are coming from, but I think it's better to keep it purely a practice facility. If you decide you want to put games in there, you have to add room for seating, the seating itself, public restrooms, a location for taking tickets(even if it's just space for a table), and maybe a space for limited concessions. Plus you have to configure the entrances and hallways to keep spectators from getting into team areas. All for what? A game or two every few years? If it's that important, use the Fargodome.

As a side note, I think soccer prefers a different style of artificial turf than football. Soccer turf is designed to be smoother and faster to keep the speed of the ball high. Football turf is deeper and coarser to allow for better grip. If Dacotah were to get the faster type now that it will be soccer-only, I doubt they would want to play a game on something different than what they're practicing on; they would be giving up a home field advantage.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Is there a need for indoor soccer? I didn't know that was in demand.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    Is there a need for indoor soccer? I didn't know that was in demand.
    I think it's a weather thing. They think it would be good to have an alternate venue instead of cancelling a game due to weather.