Page 29 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast

Thread: Indoor Practice Facility

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Indoor Practice Facility

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Looks like it was designed by a first year architecture student. Nothing goes together. Not even as good as the Alerus Center. NDSU can do better without spending more money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    I liked the original renderings.
    Was it the chemtrails?

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    This one?

I dont think the picture does justice to how massive the building is. I like the look but no glass windows on the IPF building itself make it look cheap. You need some sort of windows to break up the barn look. Even if its only on one side

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Just got home from officiating high school basketball; made a contribution; happy to read Bison Nation stepped up. Let's get it done.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I dont think the picture does justice to how massive the building is. I like the look but no glass windows on the IPF building itself make it look cheap. You need some sort of windows to break up the barn look. Even if its only on one side
    To be honest, it does look like a large trailer house that had a large garage not made of the same material added on. At the end of the day I will be happy with a brand new IPF. It looking nice would be quite great though.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

That is one ugly building now. Looks like they got feedback that the original rendering was too out there, so they added brick and took away the metal panels. They also moved the weight room from the north side of the building to likely a spot in the new second floor of the west section. That was stupid because that north section broke up the giant flat wall on the north side, and now there's another big flat section on the west wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    That is one ugly building now. Looks like they got feedback that the original rendering was too out there, so they added brick and took away the metal panels. They also moved the weight room from the north side of the building to likely a spot in the new second floor of the west section. That was stupid because that north section broke up the giant flat wall on the north side, and now there's another big flat section on the west wall.
    The more I look at the siding of the main IPF, it's pretty ugly. I liked the original silver siding better. What's up with the shades of grey? All you see are seams that clash just make it white like the rest of the building

Still think it's silly to not have a basement shell. I guarantee some day the next facilities war will be an over the top players lounge. if we move up, most teams will have them already. If not a players lounge, space will be needed for something big in the future. Then we will be looking for space we don't have

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

It could use a shrubbery.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    No thank you, we already got one!

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    a nice one, but not too expensive.

and then another one, placed a little higher and to the side, maybe with a path...

oh, and can you cut down that tree with this herring?

I think architects probably quote these scenes to each other a lot bitching about their clients over beer.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Also clear from the new rendering that they're now trying to pull elements from the SHAC and T&F building. Namely the brick lower wall and the lighter slab walls up top. I hope someone with pull tells them to go back to the drawing board again. I didn't think anyone could build an IPF uglier than UND's, but this would do it.