Page 47 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast

Thread: Indoor Practice Facility

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Indoor Practice Facility

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Its a 40 million dollar eyesore. Whoever designed this deserves to have their mother slapped

How about putting the nice part of the building in the front and moving it closer to University and then put the practice field and ugly part behind it? That way the players can practice outside with a bit more privacy and the public going down University can look at an impressive glass entrance and a massive building. Sounds a little more big time
    Which elements of the design comprise the "nice parts" because I don't have fucking clue? What an embarrassment.
    Insert something clever here...

Its a 40 million dollar eyesore. Whoever designed this deserves to have their mother slapped

How about putting the nice part of the building in the front and moving it closer to University and then put the practice field and ugly part behind it? That way the players can practice outside with a bit more privacy and the public going down University can look at an impressive glass entrance and a massive building. Sounds a little more big time
    Because when they practice in the late afternoon, the building will cast shade on the field so that the players don't cook in the August and September sun. And then when temperatures drop in late September through November, the building will provide a break from the typically western wind.

I also agree with everyone else that the newest renderings are butt-ugly. I'll take the initial, metal sided version any day.

I think you guys are all over reacting. Once they put the downspouts in, it will really dress that guy up.

I think it's pretty cool how functional the entire setup seems. Inside space with doors opening up to the outside field. Raised observation camera platform on the side so they don't need a tower or scissor lift. Locker room and weight lifting all in one place.

Lots of big flat, uninteresting sides to that thing though. Meh... just like the NDSU offense, nothing too flashy but it sure as shit will get the job done.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    I think you guys are all over reacting. Once they put the downspouts in, it will really dress that guy up.

I think it's pretty cool how functional the entire setup seems. Inside space with doors opening up to the outside field. Raised observation camera platform on the side so they don't need a tower or scissor lift. Locker room and weight lifting all in one place.

Lots of big flat, uninteresting sides to that thing though. Meh... just like the NDSU offense, nothing too flashy but it sure as shit will get the job done.
    The one thing I’ve learned over the years . . . When it’s mid-3rd Qtr with a comfortable lead . . . A couple first downs and a punt inside the 20 is a beautiful thing. Just enjoy the functional Beauty that is Bison football! This building? It’s what’s inside that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Which elements of the design comprise the "nice parts" because I don't have fucking clue? What an embarrassment.
    I think the tall glass entrance looks solid. That's about it though

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    Because when they practice in the late afternoon, the building will cast shade on the field so that the players don't cook in the August and September sun. And then when temperatures drop in late September through November, the building will provide a break from the typically western wind.

I also agree with everyone else that the newest renderings are butt-ugly. I'll take the initial, metal sided version any day.
    Right now they are exposed to the sun. I think it's good to practice in extreme heat, as it conditions the players to not be soft. As far as wind goes, they are currently exposed to the wind and most road games are outdoors anyways.

But we both agree the first version they put together is way better. Although the attached building looks better but looks to be smaller on the original. More space is important, especially for a future player lounge or other needs. EDIT: I think it's bigger actually... wraps all the way around the building

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Right now they are exposed to the sun. I think it's good to practice in extreme heat, as it conditions the players to not be soft. As far as wind goes, they are currently exposed to the wind and most road games are outdoors anyways.

But we both agree the first version they put together is way better. Although the attached building looks better but looks to be smaller on the original. More space is important, especially for a future player lounge or other needs. EDIT: I think it's bigger actually... wraps all the way around the building

A remarkably better design. Simple, coherent, elegant and cost-effective. Still could be much better but at least this isn't the schizophrenic nonsense that the current design is.
    Insert something clever here...

Why aren’t the people in the artist rendering wearing masks? I’m getting anxious looking at them...
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    A remarkably better design. Simple, coherent, elegant and cost-effective. Still could be much better but at least this isn't the schizophrenic nonsense that the current design is.
    I agree it's clean looking and simple. Less is more. I actually like the silver siding but if they kept the design the same and made the siding the same as the SHAC, it would be a better design that the 2nd version

https://twitter.com/NDSUfootball/sta...550192129?s=19

���������������� �������� → An anonymous former Bison Football player will match donations given to the Indoor Practice Facility Fund $1: $1, up to $20,000 on ��������������, ������. 1 for #GivingDay.

Help us unlock $20k ➡️ https://t.co/XFOGAQXUWI

Thank you for your support! https://t.co/Xz0yhXSZc7