Page 84 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast

Thread: Indoor Practice Facility

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Indoor Practice Facility

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    That’s true, but I still prefer a traditional church over an ugly building like Nativity.
    Mayan revival is great and so is Nativity

Quote Originally Posted by PickedBess View Post
    People in Grand Forks think a downtown Grocery store is something Fargo is jealous of. Ha
    As a previous resident of downtown Grand Forks and downtown Fargo, a downtown grocery is something Fargo should be very jealous of. For that matter downtown Grand Forks in many ways is better than downtown Fargo now.
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    Mayan revival is great and so is Nativity

As a previous resident of downtown Grand Forks and downtown Fargo, a downtown grocery is something Fargo should be very jealous of. For that matter downtown Grand Forks in many ways is better than downtown Fargo now.
    BS - GF is limited on everything and Hugo's downtown will be a money loser but they're the only game in town so they don't care.
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    ML is not the big thinker next level guy. However that is not necessarily a bad thing considering when he took over. He has kept football on the train tracks which was job Numero uno. Secondly, when he came in, we were at a significant facility deficit compared to the other Dakota's. We have made huge strides but also have a long ways to go. The IPF completion will be a major accomplishment and vault us to #1 there. However, the SHAC arena portion is a joke and is not a MWC/MVC mid major level facility. We either need to build a new arena or gut it and start over. Dacotah is a huge eyesore and needs to reconfigured and permanently altered to a soccer first facility. The softball project needs to be finished up as do the track facilities.

The point is that I see Matt's tenure as AD being the guy who cleared the facility deck so we could make the FBS jump. He is doing a great job of that and finishing the above projects allows to really focus on FBS success when the move happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    I actually don't hate the SHAC. The seats are tight. That's true. But I like the place. If we had a good team that would draw in enough fans to fill the place, I think it would feel like a great venue.
    The SHAC would be great if we fixed the seats by putting down something permanent to give fans more space, even if we lose a few rows. A permanent cement base instead of those push in bleachers. The corners look weird and it should be a permanent concrete structure. Everything else is really good. Maybe put some suites on the top of the old side

I don't think we need a new arena because we can't consistently fill this one. Maybe some day.

Like AK mentioned, Dacotah Field needs to be improved. 9 years ago they stripped the old paint, ripped out the old planks and painted it. They put metal bleachers on a small section and left the rest of it white, with no bleachers.

Unfortunately it just looks shitty and it's not very functional. You got 3 different bleacher colors and a press box that's a 4th color and a sign that covers plywood. You got no actual bench seats at midfield and they are all down at the 10 yard line or in the endzone.

And it's much more exposed now since the bubble will be going away and will no longer conceal it's severe appearance deficit. People still see it and it gives a mediocre perception of NDSU athletics. You got camp kids practicing on it. You got soccer recruits looking at it. You got the Fargo Marathon using it for the youth runs. You got recruits from other sports looking at it.

It could probably be a good venue in the summertime for outdoor concerts, youth football, youth soccer, La Crosse, camps, etc... at the very least we should make it as nice as a shitty high school football stadium. Are there restroom facilities there? Is there a place to order food and drinks?
    Last edited by HerdBot; 12-03-2021 at 10:01 PM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

https://www.instagram.com/p/CZaBeiUu..._web_copy_link

Well, Montana is getting a shiny new BUBBLE!!!! wonder if they bought ours....
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CZaBeiUu..._web_copy_link

Well, Montana is getting a shiny new BUBBLE!!!! wonder if they bought ours....
    It worked out well for us, so maybe it’s not a bad idea for them.
    What did happen to ndsu’s bubble?
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    Any progress pictures of NDSU practice facility yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    Any progress pictures of NDSU practice facility yet?
    Picture construction equipment and snow banks? Does that provide a picture for you

not saying it didn't work out, but glad we are not just starting the Bubble
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    not saying it didn't work out, but glad we are not just starting the Bubble
    Didn’t take it that way. I am surprised they didn’t have something before now.
    But what did happen to ours is the question of the day.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Didn’t take it that way. I am surprised they didn’t have something before now.
    But what did happen to ours is the question of the day.
    Pretty sure our bubble was end of life so it was/will be "retired".