Page 82 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast

Thread: Indoor Practice Facility

Default Re: Indoor Practice Facility

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    all we got was $15 mill?

Blattner Stadium $150 Million lets see how good of engineers they really are.
    And how did I know you'd be the first one to post this? The Blattner family has already done tremendous things for NDSU. Let's just appreciate this and use it to further Bison athletics.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    All we got ??????? Really Chapo ???? This makes you sound like an ungrateful bastard.........not a good take.
    Hasn't it been obvious for awhile?

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    That’s true, but I still prefer a traditional church over an ugly building like Nativity.
    True

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Last time I checked, praying was equally effective in either type of building.
    Also true

If I could change the design to something a little more timeless? Yeah! We dont want buildings that in 50 years people are going to look at and say "lol, you can tell that building was designed EXACTLY in 2021"

Does it matter in the end? No. I'd rather have an awesome building we need, with a not perfect design, than not having the building in the first place

very excited for this project, much needed, and very thankful to Blattners for their unbelievably generous gift
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Personally I like practical buildings not a fricking castle with stupid impractical and costly shit every where. One of the stupidest things architects seem to do around here is throw extra roof peaks all over which does absolutely nothing but catch snow in our region and add construction costs to boot. Obviously there's something to be said for aesthetically pleasing buildings as well so you can have extremes both ways I guess. Personally I'm for keeping all public buildings as practical as possible. If you want to spend your own cash on impracticality have at it.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Most people, and least those that are solid, don’t need an effing group hug over how a structure is built.
    Have you been to OR recently? There could be a group hug mandate in place.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Personally I like practical buildings not a fricking castle with stupid impractical and costly shit every where. One of the stupidest things architects seem to do around here is throw extra roof peaks all over which does absolutely nothing but catch snow in our region and add construction costs to boot. Obviously there's something to be said for aesthetically pleasing buildings as well so you can have extremes both ways I guess. Personally I'm for keeping all public buildings as practical as possible. If you want to spend your own cash on impracticality have at it.
    To your point, this building forces into the design several impractical features that: 1) corrupt the design, 2.) create extra transitions in the exterior skin that all provide opportunity for leaking, both in terms of water intrusion as well as energy consumption, and 3) cost more. The building would be much better if they'd simplify the forms a bit.
    Insert something clever here...

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    If I could change the design to something a little more timeless? Yeah! We dont want buildings that in 50 years people are going to look at and say "lol, you can tell that building was designed EXACTLY in 2021"
    Agreed. That's why a bit more effort could do wonders. It could also save money so that more programmatic features could be included.

It's a great gift by the family and a bunch of other people. The design should honor their commitment.
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUBowler View Post
    That's him... really good guy

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    The crenellations allow archers to keep the rabble at bay you peasant swine

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    it's gonna take 1 of these guys pushing NDSU to FBS unfortunately since Dean is gone and Matt has no frigging clue
    ML is not the big thinker next level guy. However that is not necessarily a bad thing considering when he took over. He has kept football on the train tracks which was job Numero uno. Secondly, when he came in, we were at a significant facility deficit compared to the other Dakota's. We have made huge strides but also have a long ways to go. The IPF completion will be a major accomplishment and vault us to #1 there. However, the SHAC arena portion is a joke and is not a MWC/MVC mid major level facility. We either need to build a new arena or gut it and start over. Dacotah is a huge eyesore and needs to reconfigured and permanently altered to a soccer first facility. The softball project needs to be finished up as do the track facilities.

The point is that I see Matt's tenure as AD being the guy who cleared the facility deck so we could make the FBS jump. He is doing a great job of that and finishing the above projects allows to really focus on FBS success when the move happens.