Page 79 of 112 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast

Thread: Indoor Practice Facility

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Indoor Practice Facility

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Wow, that is just an absolutely awful design from that perspective. There are so many different things going on here that it makes the image incoherent and disjointed. There are several different big design moves that they've made but there's been no attempt at bringing it all together. Schizophrenic to say the least. You'd think that a university that includes an architecture school would demand more of the designs for their buildings.
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Wow, that is just an absolutely awful design from that perspective. There are so many different things going on here that it makes the image incoherent and disjointed. There are several different big design moves that they've made but there's been no attempt at bringing it all together. Schizophrenic to say the least. You'd think that a university that includes an architecture school would demand more of the designs for their buildings.
    I agree. It's one of the worst looking designs ever. At the very least, why not round out that corner in the same material

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Now back to the incredible donation of $15,000,000. This is amazing and all student athletes will appreciate it and what it can do for their performance on the field of play. Thank you
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Now back to the incredible donation of $15,000,000. This is amazing and all student athletes will appreciate it and what it can do for their performance on the field of play. Thank you
    Exactly—focus on the positives.

So many people here that would apparently bitch that their ice cream is too cold.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

$15m is amazing! Thanks to the Blattner family for helping NDSU athletics be the best they can be.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The look and feel of these types of buildings matter if you're doing them to enhance the recruitment process. Yes, amazing donation. Maybe some of that money can help influence a better design. The building definitely doesn't need to get more expensive in order to vastly improve its design.
    Insert something clever here...

What's going to be great is we will have an extra weight room now, so we won't have to do workouts at odd times and it will benefit the entire athletic department simply by having more space.

It's going to be quite the impressive deal during a recruiting visit when we have 2 team meeting rooms, 2 locker rooms, and 2 weight rooms. At the end of the day, the new practice locker room may be nicer than the one inside the dome. Also they have a recruiting room.

It's also going to make our summer football camps much more impressive. Of course those are huge recruiting weeks.

The only way it would be better is if they connect it to the shac via skyway although I've heard rumors they want to attach the new proposed Fargodome Convention Center to the Shac too

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    The look and feel of these types of buildings matter if you're doing them to enhance the recruitment process. Yes, amazing donation. Maybe some of that money can help influence a better design. The building definitely doesn't need to get more expensive in order to vastly improve its design.
    18 year old kids know shit about design.
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan View Post
    18 year old kids know shit about design.
    i think that we need to chill out about the design. These are artist renderings and in no way will be exacltly what we see as a final product. They might make adjustments throughout the build/design phase. Either way, the building is FANTASTIC and unparalleled in the FCS world.

So.....what's the next big project? Anyone knows?

I think Bresciani's wife should approve any campus building designs prior to construction.

533 In a row