Page 55 of 112 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast

Thread: Indoor Practice Facility

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Indoor Practice Facility

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    We already raised the money for phase 1, which is the IPF structure. I donated to the IPF and I have no desire to put it into some lame off campus joint project with the park district. The bubble would be better than that.

You need an IPF to be on campus and ideally connected to the existing facilities. Not in south west fargo. The building that the parkboard is proposing could never go on campus because the footprint is so huge, it's larger than the Fargodome. It's going to be similar to the one in Williston that has like 400,000 visitors per year. it's going to be a big time draw for people who live here and for things like tournaments. Can't have tournaments with the Bison practicing there from August to January plus spring camp.

Now I would like to see the Fargodome partner with them as part of an addition.
    why would we build it in the middle of nowhere instead of on campus? I don't understand this reasoning, building it in town and adjacent to the existing sports complex is one of the benefits.
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    why would we build it in the middle of nowhere instead of on campus? I don't understand this reasoning, building it in town and adjacent to the existing sports complex is one of the benefits.
    No place to put it on campus. The sports complex may end up being 600k square feet. Initially it will be around 300k

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    Dude your confusing 2 different things. The IPF is NDSU's practice facility, it's for the student athlete's training (mainly football) and is entirely privately funded. The park district is a planning a public facility for many different activities using tax dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    We already raised the money for phase 1, which is the IPF structure. I donated to the IPF and I have no desire to put it into some lame off campus joint project with the park district. The bubble would be better than that.

You need an IPF to be on campus and ideally connected to the existing facilities. Not in south west fargo. The building that the parkboard is proposing could never go on campus because the footprint is so huge, it's larger than the Fargodome. It's going to be similar to the one in Williston that has like 400,000 visitors per year. it's going to be a big time draw for people who live here and for things like tournaments. Can't have tournaments with the Bison practicing there from August to January plus spring camp.

Now I would like to see the Fargodome partner with them as part of an addition.
    The Fargo Sports Complex (aka the Fargo Parks building and Sanford Power) will be more similar to the Sanford Sports Complex in Sioux Falls, just with everything under one roof, than the Willison Area Rec Center. An expanded Sanford Power space, Park District offices, plus space for tournaments, leagues, and practices. Williston is more like Courts Plus with a pool. None of which has anything to do with NDSU's IPF.
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Dude your confusing 2 different things. The IPF is NDSU's practice facility, it's for the student athlete's training (mainly football) and is entirely privately funded. The park district is a planning a public facility for many different activities using tax dollars.
    I think his point is combine the $ and make it "better" but I think he's not understanding that #1 most of Fargo population now is south of Main Ave probably even 13th Ave S due to residential growth in south fargo.

I too disagree with his assessment I don't know that a combined private/public type of project would be in either party's interest at this point. As pointed out no where on campus that benefits NDSU athletics (specifically FB) and support the size that the City of Fargo wants for their rec center. Plus for City of Fargo having the center up by 15th/19th Ave is not in best interest in getting interested people of the population to the center to use it.

Fargo is definitely migrating southward and the new school boundaries will have kids living near Lindenwood going to North High to balance the student population.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    I think his point is combine the $ and make it "better" but I think he's not understanding that #1 most of Fargo population now is south of Main Ave probably even 13th Ave S due to residential growth in south fargo.

I too disagree with his assessment I don't know that a combined private/public type of project would be in either party's interest at this point. As pointed out no where on campus that benefits NDSU athletics (specifically FB) and support the size that the City of Fargo wants for their rec center. Plus for City of Fargo having the center up by 15th/19th Ave is not in best interest in getting interested people of the population to the center to use it.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonguy View Post
    The Fargo Sports Complex (aka the Fargo Parks building and Sanford Power) will be more similar to the Sanford Sports Complex in Sioux Falls, just with everything under one roof, than the Willison Area Rec Center. An expanded Sanford Power space, Park District offices, plus space for tournaments, leagues, and practices. Williston is more like Courts Plus with a pool. None of which has anything to do with NDSU's IPF.
    Yep. It's 300k square feet to begin with. That's before they add outdoor football fields, softball and baseball diamonds and additional ice. There is no place on campus that could fit that. But the Williston one is really awesome. It was 75 million 6 years ago

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post

I'd almost wager that most of Fargo's population is now south of I-94 and in 10 years will be south of 32nd.
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

I'd almost wager that most of Fargo's population is now south of I-94 and in 10 years will be south of 32nd.
    Likely, with ndsu and all its plots for crop science and airport and industrial park area from main to 19th and west Fargo to I29.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Fargo is running out of developable land until the diversion is finished, and density is low on the south side. There are big projects going up downtown, ~1000 units opening in the next 2 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.