Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Game 2: Northern Alabama. (Beat Big Sky Champion in opener)

Default Re: Game 2: Northern Alabama. (Beat Big Sky Champion in opener)

Quote Originally Posted by BisonLaw View Post
    Something I became curious about with the news that Incarnate Word is backing out of its game with UNA at the end of the season to play Iowa State.

"Larsen said NDSU has been assured UNA will reach the NCAA threshold of having at least 60 percent of its schedule against FCS competition in order for it to count as an FCS game for NDSU."

http://www.inforum.com/sports/427529...ctrination-fcs

UNA currently has 5 D-1 games on their schedule and 5 D-2 games.

http://www.roarlions.com/schedule.aspx?path=football

This discussion is almost completely irrelevant because it doesn't matter if this game counts as an FCS win or not for NDSU in the long run, but if UNA can't find another FCS game does that mean it doesn't count as an FCS win?

Also shoutout to Incarnate Word for pulling a Montana State on UNA.
    That's a good question. It seems unlikely they could get a game with a D1 team at this point but there are whole load of postponements/cancellations this week so maybe that would allow UNA to find a mutual opening with someone since they now have both 10/27 and 11/17 open. Even with 6 D1 games they're still only at 55% D1 games on their schedule so not sure it would matter much.

But, like you said, it shouldn't matter much. I think the only time it would come into play is if NDSU is right on the threshold of D1 wins needed for an at-large. The championship handbook says something like "any team with less than 6 D1 wins may be given less consideration for an at-large selection". So I hope it doesn't really matter. It if does Bisonville would've imploded by that point creating a massive black hole in the internet that would probably bring the entire world to it's knees.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    That's a good question. It seems unlikely they could get a game with a D1 team at this point but there are whole load of postponements/cancellations this week so maybe that would allow UNA to find a mutual opening with someone since they now have both 10/27 and 11/17 open. Even with 6 D1 games they're still only at 55% D1 games on their schedule so not sure it would matter much.

But, like you said, it shouldn't matter much. I think the only time it would come into play is if NDSU is right on the threshold of D1 wins. The championship handbook says something like "any team with less than 6 D1 wins may be given less consideration for an at-large selection". So I hope it doesn't really matter.
    I assume SDSU is looking for a replacement game.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    I assume SDSU is looking for a replacement game.
    Probably but their only bye is already coming up next weekend and they need that off so they can get properly Joosed up for the Marker game.

So them not finding a game will only matter if we are 7-4 with only 6 DI counters and on the bubble to get in the playoffs. Um...ok, I am pretty sure we will not be in that situation.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

with the multitude of cancellations coming up this week, there might be an opportunity to find another game for them.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

About three months or so I was in Las Vegas in the poker room at Caesar's Palace. There was this young man, big and athletic, but not gigantic (maybe 240), sitting next to me with this great southern accent, really exaggerated like a character in a movie, sat down and just started playing really aggressive. I talked with him a bit and he said he was long snapper for Northern Alabama. We talked about football and schedule and he brought the NDSU game up (I had no idea the two teams were scheduled to play each other). I told him that NDSU was quite a challenge, and he said oh he knew, but they were all really excited about it. Really nice young guy.

...any chance NAU won't be able to get to Fargo for the game?

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    ...any chance NAU won't be able to get to Fargo for the game?
    Whatever is left of Florence shouldn't be hitting northern Alabama until Saturday according to latest projections. Should have no problem cruising into town tomorrow.

https://weather.com/weather/weekend/l/35630:4:US

Quote Originally Posted by BisonLaw View Post
    Whatever is left of Florence shouldn't be hitting northern Alabama until Saturday according to latest projections. Should have no problem cruising into town tomorrow.

https://weather.com/weather/weekend/l/35630:4:US
    The town...or the hurricane? I hope someone else made that connection already...
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    The town...or the hurricane? I hope someone else made that connection already...
    LOL -- I had to think twice when I read that, too...
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)