Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Game 2: Northern Alabama. (Beat Big Sky Champion in opener)

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Game 2: Northern Alabama. (Beat Big Sky Champion in opener)

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Their offensive line: 315, 290, 365, 300, 305 (avg 315.) It would be more impressive except that I think their average height is 6-1. Pregame meals: Waffles.

Their transfer QB, Lopez, was their leading rusher - and he threw 43 passes. He looked good.

They have some real talent at WR - Boykin especially.

They have over 30 transfers on the team.
    So they are built just like JSU and SHSU? That seems to work well

Under 56% passing is nothing to be proud of and a team full of transfers is a team that folds in on themselves.

As was pointed out earlier in this thread they may be a decent FCS team but NDSU is not a normal FCS team(obviously). They will get shell shocked and this one will be over early.

2 INTs, no running lanes and a demoralized defense will lead to a 25+ point win by the Bison.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wisco4 View Post
    Did you see where the majority of transfers played previously?
    About half are from Jucos, one each from NDSCS, Wyoming, Albany, South Carolina, Tennesse Tech, Vanderbilt and the rest from small colleges.
    http://www.roarlions.com/roster.aspx?path=football
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Their offensive line: 315, 290, 365, 300, 305 (avg 315.) It would be more impressive except that I think their average height is 6-1. Pregame meals: Waffles.

Their transfer QB, Lopez, was their leading rusher - and he threw 43 passes. He looked good.

They have some real talent at WR - Boykin especially.

Starting o line is taller than 6-1, averages around 6-3 which isnt huge but not under sized

60 Cole Hardin RT. 6'4" 305
    62 DeVaris Nalls RG 6'3" 300
    77 D. McCallister OL 6'3" 315
    51 Cody Mann LG 6'1" 309
    76 Jay Letatau C 6'3" 365

Watched the presser from SUUs head coach and he said their offense was brand new and there was no film on them. Their players seemed suprised too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdDwlvMNE2I&fe=

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Starting o line is taller than 6-1, averages around 6-3 which isnt huge but not under sized

51 Cody Mann LG 6'1" 309

Watched the presser from SUUs head coach and he said their offense was brand new and there was no film on them. Their players seemed suprised too.

The offense is based off of the Gus Malzahn HUNH. Their OC Ryan Aplin was QB at Arkansas State when Malzahn was there. Their WR coach Austin Tucker played at Shiloh Christian in Springdale, Arkansas, where that offense was developed. I’d recommend our coaching staff look at 2012 Arkansas State and 2008-9 Tulsa film...on top of what we get from UNA this week and next week.

I only know all this because one of my little brothers also played at Shiloh, back when Malzahn was still there.
    Looking good Billy Ray!

They can list them at whatever height they want, but they looked like beach balls to me (except for Hardin.)

Maybe it was the high camera angle?

51 Cody Mann LG 6'1" 309

They had 554 yards of offense against SUU but gave up 532. Their offense is basically the quarterback and he will be meeting one of if not the best defense in the FCS.
    Last edited by Vet70; 09-03-2018 at 06:43 PM.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Forgive me if I am not too impressed with a last second win over a big fluffy team. This game will still be an easy Bison win.
    Probably not a good week to badmouth the BSC after two of their teams not in the playoffs last year beat two Valley teams that were.....And, it's becoming an annual thing for flipping UNI!

UNA will bring a good team to Fargo in a couple of weeks but they are going to face a great team. Our run game and D-line maybe better than it's ever been!

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    Probably not a good week to badmouth the BSC after two of their teams not in the playoffs last year beat two Valley teams that were.....And, it's becoming an annual thing for flipping UNI!

UNA will bring a good team to Fargo in a couple of weeks but they are going to face a great team. Our run game and D-line maybe better than it's ever been!
    No shit. Western Illinois and UNI got beat by Big Sky teams. UC Davis and Northern Arizona gets FBS wins. And Youngstown loses to Butler. We were the the lone bright spot other than USD

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

No shit. Western Illinois and UNI got beat by Big Sky teams. UC Davis and Northern Arizona gets FBS wins. And Youngstown loses to Butler. We were the the lone bright spot other than USD
    No doubt the Big Fluffy might be getting better and they are getting rid of UN_ to boot.
    Paul Fix