Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: CalPoly Post Game Thoughts

Default Re: CalPoly Post Game Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Some of Easton’s throws looked off. Anyone else notice this? I’m just going to assume it’s first game jitters. I love that kid and I want him to have a big year to raise his draft stock.
    Some of his passes did look shaky but I did love that back shoulder through to the TE on the sideline, that was an NFL type throw. Put it where only his receiver could get it. Still wonder if he did manage to get a foot down, looked close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HillsboroBison View Post
    Some of his passes did look shaky but I did love that back shoulder through to the TE on the sideline, that was an NFL type throw. Put it where only his receiver could get it. Still wonder if he did manage to get a foot down, looked close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I saw that one, too. I suspect he will improve.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU View Post
    Purifoy returned a punt and Cain was suspended.
    Purifoy wasn't dressed for the game. That was Heit #84 that returned a punt. PA announcer got that one wrong

We played much faster than I expected.
    Running backs ran with a purpose. Not going down on first contact. They were also running to day light and not up the back side of the lineman.
    Stick was much better on committing to the run when he had to. Didnt hesitate like last year.
    Menard has bulked up.
    I also noticed that the players have gone to the larger type thigh pads.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Forgive my polluting this thread with talk of other teams...
    JMU deserves praise for giving NC State all they wanted. Having said that, I see that Coach Mike "Program Builder" Houston has a transfer from Pitt starting at quarterback. He played really well but comes across as a d-bag. Several other Dukes players mentioned as transfers during the broadcast. Not a big fan of that "Program Building" style.

USD almost pulled a Bison against K-State, and this excuse of "it's the Super Bowl for an FCS team when they play a Power 5 team" is absurd. When you have home field, especially in the opener, your team is so jacked up to play their first game it doesn't matter if you're playing 'bama or a Missouri Valley team.

Quote Originally Posted by DCinOK View Post
    Forgive my polluting this thread with talk of other teams...
    JMU deserves praise for giving NC State all they wanted. Having said that, I see that Coach Mike "Program Builder" Houston has a transfer from Pitt starting at quarterback. He played really well but comes across as a d-bag. Several other Dukes players mentioned as transfers during the broadcast. Not a big fan of that "Program Building" style.

USD almost pulled a Bison against K-State, and this excuse of "it's the Super Bowl for an FCS team when they play a Power 5 team" is absurd. When you have home field, especially in the opener, your team is so jacked up to play their first game it doesn't matter if you're playing 'bama or a Missouri Valley team.
    I give usd credit but k state looks AWFUL. Like so awful the jay hawks might beat them.

If Bruce has a good year he could be rewriting some things in the record books. In addition to taking over 1st place with his 16.8 ypc his 86 yard run is 5th best in Bison history.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Running game excellent, defense very good, special teams much improved.....passing game not so good.

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Didn't notice our long snapper during the game.... a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Running game excellent, defense very good, special teams much improved.....passing game not so good.
    If we can run for 10 yards per carry and over 400 yards per game, there is no need to pass.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN